multipal users cart

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
Kash
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

multipal users cart

Post by Kash »

Hi. I am interesting in Phoca Cart. I am searching for multipal users cart. It is when many users can add a goods to the cart and this order I will ship to one address. Is it possible in Phoca Cart? Or is it possible to add this feature?

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: multipal users cart

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now there is no such option.
I have added it to feature request list (but for now I really cannot say when I will be able to take a look at it :idea: )

Anyway - if different users are ordering items with one cart, should they be logged in?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Kash
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Kash »

Yes. Users must be logged in.
Kash
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Kash »

this idea are not realized in any available inet shop now.
But joint orders very popular and today managed by whatsup or other messangers. If you add this feature to your shop you will be the first and the best! ;)
Now I am thinking about what component to use and add this feature by myself.
But I think best way do it by author of component. Other way will make problems with updates... :(
I am really need this feature, and I am sure this feature will have big future! ;)
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, I will try to do search more information how this feature works and if it will be possible to implement it. For now I don't have any experiences with such feature. But I think, it will work this way: There is one "main" user which will have opened cart and other users can add items to the "main user" cart - when this main user then goes to checkout and will make the order, it will be closed ... :idea:

I think, the order must be even closed by the main user, so no product will be added to cart when main user will be active in checkout :idea:

Jan
voymacao
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by voymacao »

This is an interesting feature but it looks very complex to me and haven't seen it anywhere actively.

Main idea could be a shared cart without a login, and a public url to be generated for the initial user to send the url to the other members e.g. by email, similar to google docs allowing collaboration. Could work for teams and mass bookings, such as a school class ordering books for multiple students for example. Teacher creates the initial order and sends the cart to the students to add their books in it.

However, this cannot provide info on who ordered what, or how to set some limitations for the maximum amount a user can order, or even when the main user should be ready to place the final order.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, there are a lot of questions regarding this feature (mostly the security options) :idea:

Jan