feature request - mail attachments

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
jpeters
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

feature request - mail attachments

Post by jpeters »

if general terms and / or privacy statement is configured, add a option to attach the joomla article (as PDF document) in the mail message. select based on order status what documents to sent.
currently only invoice, order or shipping can e attached.
I know you can select a PDF document, but if you can select the related joomla article, in case of a change of the text, you don't have to generate new PDF's..

Version controle is importent because the terms that are active when the customer places a order are connected.
if for example general terms is changes, the only apply on orders after that change.
so legal wise you would like / need to have versioning on the general terms.

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: feature request - mail attachments

Post by Jan »

Hi, I don't exactly understand what do you exactly mean? The best way, if the document changes often is just to link it in email so user can click it in email and visit it on website updated. :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
jpeters
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by jpeters »

Hello Jan,
i will try to explain.. at least in the netherlands the law is.
when you buy something, the general terms and conditions that are displayd and accepted are leading.
if you change the general terms, the apply only for new orders and not for orders already applied.

the general terms is basicly a Joomla article. it would be nice that the general terms are attached as pdf inside the order.
to prevent generating pdf's everytime you change the terms, generate a PDF based on the joomla article on first order after the change. safe and use the generated PDF for all upcomming orders.
iff the joomla article is changed, then on first orer after the change generated a new PDF (timestamp in filename) so that al pdf versions are stored on a central place.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, some way could be adding these conditions to bottom of the invoice or order which is possible in Options (in options cou can set custom top, middle and bottom text for the invoices/orders)

Jan
jpeters
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by jpeters »

Hello Jan,
i know that part.. and dan can be a work arround. but in that case you need to maintain 2 entries (one on terms to accept and one on the invoice footer or something.

would be nice to have it as a option (attach terms&conditions (defined in configuration) as PDF attachment..
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

I understand but then we get the general problem with Options - overloading with different options, for now you can just paste the selected documents as attachment or specific additional document (can be PDF but there can be even another format)

Selecting article can have even cons like:
- another option which in fact do the same function as Email attachments - which can be confusing for users
- when sending email, there is a lot to do, so another transforming (selected article to PDF can take another amount of memory and time)

I have added it to feature request list but this feature request needs to be discussed.

Jan
jpeters
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by jpeters »

okay.. thanks.. its not a big issue..
its not like every day to change terms and conditions... so i create pdf versions of it and attache it to the mail (order status).
i use the same filename and location so you only have to configure the mail only 1 time.

when changed.. i rename the current pdf and place the new pdf with original filename on same location.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok