Phoca Cart and Astroid demo

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
Nidzo
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Phoca Cart and Astroid demo

Post by Nidzo »

Can you share overrides and css files which were used for Phoca Cart Astroid demo site? I mean rounded images and on hover icons etc.
Thanks!
You have introduced a demo site that looks good and most of us thinks we will get same design out of the box. Much more work is needed. I understand but the demo site will disappoint and discourage many new potential Phoca users.

Greetings!
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Phoca Cart and Astroid demo

Post by christine »

Hi,
Nidzo wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 00:57 Can you share overrides and css files which were used for Phoca Cart Astroid demo site? I mean rounded images and on hover icons etc.
Don't know what exactly you mean. You can change/add segments e.g. to your custom.css.

2 examples from this demo: https://www.phoca.cz/phocacartdemo/astroid/

Code: Select all

.btn-danger {
    color: #fff;
    background: linear-gradient(to right, #c31432, #240b36) !important;
    border: 0px !important;
}

Code: Select all

.ph-mega-menu-content-module-box .ph-image, #ph-pc-categories-box .ph-item-content a .ph-image, #ph-pc-category-box .phIBox .ph-image, #ph-pc-item-box .ph-image-full, #phQuickViewPopup .ph-image-full {
    border-radius: 50%;
    border: 1em solid #f5f5f5;
    padding: 0;
}
e.g. to change to other border-radius or to none etc.

Kind regards
Christine
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, see:
https://www.phoca.cz/phocacart-extensio ... es-astroid

You can enable the CSS for Astroid in Phoca Cart options:

I am not 100% sure if the loading of Astroid.css includes all the demo parts, but if not, the custom CSS is available on the demo page.

You have introduced a demo site that looks good and most of us thinks we will get same design out of the box
I don't understand what do you exactly mean? I am not the author of Astroid template framework, the demo just shows how can Phoca Cart be displayed on the template based on Astroid framework. This is all the demo should do. This is not a template offered for sale, it is just a demo how Phoca Cart can work together with Astroid template. To get a template with WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) effect, just try get some template which covers it all, e.g. JF Sirena, or another template ready for Phoca Cart.

The Astroid demo is assigned to override and custom CSS which can be download on Phoca Cart webiste or is a part of Phoca Cart core but it is not assigned to any specific template.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Nidzo
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by Nidzo »

I'm really sorry. I didn’t want to sound rude. I appreciate the contribution that Phoca makes to the Joomla CMS .
Thanks.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, no problem there :-)

As written above, the template is the Astroid template but the option selected in Phoca Cart should do the trick.

Jan
David-Spring
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by David-Spring »

My experience was that selecting the Astroid CSS option in Themes was not enough to get the appearance of my site looking like the Phoca Cart Astroid Demo Site. I needed to do two additional things to make all the Demo site changes appear on my site:

First under the Display tab, Theme Options. Make the following changes: Theme to  Bootstrap 4, Icon Type to Font Awesome 5
Load Specific CSS to Astroid, Load Bootstrap to No and Load Chosen to No.

Second, go to Extensions, Templates, Templates and click on your Astroid Template. Then create a custom.css file in the template CSS folder. Then right click on the Phoca Cart Astroid Demo Home page and click View Page Source. Then copy lines 29 to 151. Then paste this custom css into your template custom.css folder. Then click Save and View your site. It should now look nearly identical to the Phoca Cart Astroid Demo Site.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, thank you for the additional info.

Jan