How to Create a Product Label and apply it to a Product

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
David-Spring
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

How to Create a Product Label and apply it to a Product

Post by David-Spring »

I am trying to create a Product Label as is shown in the upper left corner of the image on this page:

https://www.phoca.cz/documents/116-phoc ... s-and-tags

I clicked on Tags > New and set it for Label Title Only as was shown on the Phoca Cart Tutorial page, then saved it – which created a Label entry in the Tags Table. However, I was not able to figure out how to assign this label or tag to a particular product.

I tried to create a Category called Label and assign the product to the Label category, but that did not work.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: How to Create a Product Label and apply it to a Product

Post by Jan »

Hi, in product edit view - in publishing tab, you can select created tags/labels (or parameters if created), see image:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
David-Spring
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by David-Spring »

Jan,
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. For others who may be interested in this subject, after assigning the label in the Products, Publishing Options section, the label will appear in the product in the front end - assuming Labels and Tags have also been set to display in Options, Display. However, the label will be a plain gray color. To make it more visible, add the following to your template custom.css file.

.ph-corner-icon-my-label {
color: #339;
background-color: #ccf;
}

Where my-label is replaced with whatever you used for your label (such as super-deal or our-favorites) and put in whatever background color and font color you like best.

If you would like to change the background color or font color of the Featured Product label, add the following class to your template custom.css file:

.ph-corner-icon-featured {
color: #939;
background-color: #fcf;
}

Finally, if you are using the default Protostar template, please be aware that Photostar does not use a custom.css file. Instead, you must name the Protostar custom css file user.css.

So my only question now is how do I indicate that this problem is solved?
Regards,
David
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, I marked it as solved.

BTW - Protostar is unfortunately not suitable for Phoca Cart. It was not possible to make Phoca Cart output based on very obsolete Boostrap 2 version. So Phoca Cart is based on Bootstrap 3 or Bootstrap 4 (can be selected in options), so it works well with templates which are ready for Bootstrap 3 or Bootstrap 4. Today a lot of template developers use Bootstrap3/4 so fortunately, there is a lot of modern templates which are suitable for Phoca Cart.

Jan
David-Spring
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by David-Spring »

I agree that Protostar is very outdated. I would not recommend it for a real store. I am a college instructor looking for a simple “starter” template to demonstrate the basic features of Phoca Cart to my students. Protostar works OK for our first couple of classes. Hopefully the new Joomla 4 default template will do even better.

Our class eventually uses the Astroid template – which is why I am very grateful for your instructions and plugin on how to combine Phoca Cart with Astroid! Astroid is up to date and works very well for a real store. Keep up the great work!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok