Tracking number

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
jrjr
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Tracking number

Post by jrjr »

Is there any way to add a field to input the shipper's tracking number and have it included when changing the order status to shipped?
jrjr
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Re: Tracking number

Post by jrjr »

jrjr wrote: 18 Dec 2020, 20:39 Is there any way to add a field to input the shipper's tracking number and have it included when changing the order status to shipped?
I see on the order page there is a tab for 'Shipment Tracking Options' and there is a field called 'Tracking Number'. Could this be inserted into the Delivery note and/or the invoice maybe?
It would also be neat if when changing the status to 'Shipped' that the delivery note would be auto selected at the same time.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, you can use variables and paste the number into documents with help of variables:

https://www.phoca.cz/documents/116-phoc ... or-vendors
It would also be neat if when changing the status to 'Shipped' that the delivery note would be auto selected at the same time.
Not sure, what do you exactly mean?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
jrjr
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by jrjr »

Jan wrote: 19 Dec 2020, 15:53 Hi, you can use variables and paste the number into documents with help of variables:

https://www.phoca.cz/documents/116-phoc ... or-vendors
Not sure, what do you exactly mean?

Jan
[/quote]

When you change the status of an order an email is generated informing the buyer of the updated status. You can select what form is included in that email such as 'Invoice', 'Order', 'Delivery Note' ,'Nothing'. and you can select whom receives this email. That's what I am talking about.... to include the tracking number field number in the included form 'Delivery Note'. I am not talking about generating an email on my own.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

to include the tracking number field number in the included form 'Delivery Note'
Hi, for now the tracking number can be pasted to invoice or order document in description fields and to order, invoice and delivery note to shipping or billing address:

I will add the option so delivery note even will have the option to include descriptions.

Jan
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

This will be possible in 3.5.5 stable:

Jan
jrjr
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by jrjr »

to include the tracking number field number in the included form 'Delivery Note'
Hi, for now the tracking number can be pasted to invoice or order document in description fields and to order, invoice and delivery note to shipping or billing address:

[/quote]
Edit
So I was able to edit the email but it only sends this {trackingnumber} . I did enter a tracking number into the tracking number field but it only sends {trackingnumber} in the email not the number that I entered.
I did this under the heading 'Order Statuses'. Is this the correct place to do this? Mine does not have the 'Title' field like yours.

Last edited by jrjr on 19 Dec 2020, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, which version do you use?

the trackingnumber variable is a part of 3.5.5 Beta:
https://www.phoca.cz/download/category/ ... -component

the option to display it even in delivery note will be a part of 3.5.5 Beta2 (stable)

Jan
jrjr
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by jrjr »

I am using 3.5.4. So it sounds like it will not work in my version or in 3.5.5 either. Maybe in 3.5.6?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, why it should not work in 3.5.5?

the first feature is working in 3.5.5 Beta
the second will work in 3.5.5 Beta2 and then 3.5.5 stable.