Manufactures image / download folder (v3.5.4)

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
Luca_
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Manufactures image / download folder (v3.5.4)

Post by Luca_ »

Hi, is there a way to display manufactures images (logos) in product page? Also, is there a way to change default download folder, default is: \phocacartdownload\

Thank you
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Manufactures image / download folder (v3.5.4)

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now there is no option to display manufacturer logo in item view, so the only way for now is add it e.g. to description. And even there is no option to set specific path for download.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
voymacao
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by voymacao »

A workaround on this would be to use a customized Tag.
Its a temporary solution but you may use it if needed.

Create your tag and notice it takes a custom class according to the title you give it.
Then just apply some custom CSS styling like this:

.ph-corner-icon-elagris {
color: transparent;
width: 150px;
height: 50px;
background-color: #fff;
background-image: url('/images/graphics/elagris.png');
background-size: contain;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

Obviously you need to replace the image url with yours and play around with the dimensions or change the tag's position.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, great to hear it, yes, this can be the possible way to display the logo.

BTW, sorry for confusing with setting of download folder (I was mistaken when answered the question - answering questions at night takes its toll :-) ). This is possible (mostly helpful when you want to paste your files behind the public_html folder). See options for following parameters

- Absolute Path (Download)
- Absolute Path (Upload)

Jan
Luca_
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Luca_ »

voymacao wrote: 15 Dec 2020, 15:31 A workaround on this would be to use a customized Tag.
Its a temporary solution but you may use it if needed.
Yes, that could be a solution, but with some PHP code would be possibile to customize the product page so it will read the db and show the manufacturer image, if present, and then make a template override, that could be an interesting feature for a future release
Luca_
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Luca_ »

Jan wrote: 15 Dec 2020, 16:15 Hi, great to hear it, yes, this can be the possible way to display the logo.

BTW, sorry for confusing with setting of download folder (I was mistaken when answered the question - answering questions at night takes its toll :-) ). This is possible (mostly helpful when you want to paste your files behind the public_html folder). See options for following parameters

- Absolute Path (Download)
- Absolute Path (Upload)

Jan
Yes, I tested it, but I can't see any link in the product page for the download, Am I missing something?
This Absolute path is referred to the 'download options' in product insert page, where you can see download token, etc.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, all this is about standard download (when user order a product and can download it). Public download files - files which can be downloaded from product page do not have any such parameter.

Luca_
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Luca_ »

Jan wrote: 20 Dec 2020, 00:45 Hi, all this is about standard download (when user order a product and can download it). Public download files - files which can be downloaded from product page do not have any such parameter.

Yes, that's why I asked if there's some settings to change default download folder, I was referring about public download folder that is set to default: \phocacartdownload\ (eg. where you can link the pdf manual of a product for example)

btw I'm the "translator" :)
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, public folder is not assigned to phocacartdownload folder but to phocacartdownloadpublic folder and there is no option to change this location, so this needs to be customized (this is different to phocacartdownload folder as there you mostly need to add files behind the public_html, by public files it is assumed that such public files will be in folder which can even accept direct links).

Jan