Front End Image Thumbnails being rotated - back end thumb and large pop-up image ok

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
dmlwebal
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Front End Image Thumbnails being rotated - back end thumb and large pop-up image ok

Post by dmlwebal »

Hi

Similar to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59680&p=155383&hili ... ed#p155383

In the backend the image thumbnail is correctly oriented.

On the front end, the gallery thumbnail preview becomes rotated, but the modal pop-up version is correctly oriented!

It only appears to be an issue when the original image is oriented by portrait, landscape orientation images display all their size version perfectly fine.

Is this something to do with the orientation of a mobile device when the image was first taken?

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Front End Image Thumbnails being rotated - back end thumb and large pop-up image ok

Post by Jan »

Hi, can I see the site where this occurs? To see if the image is really rotated or if it is done per CSS or JS in frontend?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
dmlwebal
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Re: Front End Image Thumbnails being rotated - back end thumb and large pop-up image ok

Post by dmlwebal »

HI Jan

I first uploaded the images as they were sent to me, and this is when the problem arose.

I edited the original images in Fireworks (yes, some people still use it!) to ensure that they were consistent (ie all 'right way up').
Then, removed - first in admin and then via FTP - the incorrectly oriented images (and thumbnails) from the site, flushed all caches and uploaded the 'newer edited' versions.

But, still the problem.

However, today (after about 15 hours) suddenly they are ok :o

So, I think it may have been a CDN or Server caching problem.

I show the process above in case it helps others.

Thanks Jan
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project