Can't list anything in the menu

Phoca Download - download manager
iamalive
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Can't list anything in the menu

Post by iamalive »

Hi Jan

Something very weird happening on one of my sites. There was a link to the top category to show categories, only available to registered users. Worked for years.
Suddenly the link has vanished on the frontend. It's still there in the menu at the backend, but doesn't show up.
I've tried replacing the link, I've tried to change access level, I've tried to move it. Nothing.
Then I tried making a link to the other menu options available, first link to a file then one ofter the other. No link shows up on the frontend. I even tried reinstalling the component - it showed up briefly, but vanished after logging out and logging back in. I even tried reinstalling Joomla.
Strangely enough, there is a sister website, identical in terms of functionality, and there the link works correctly.
I have no idea what is happening and need help.
All components on the site are up to date
I'd be grateful for your ideas and help.

Regards
David
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Can't list anything in the menu

Post by Jan »

Hi, hmm, hard to say, but if the menu link does not work, maybe this is much more a question on joomla.org forum.

Does the same happen, when you disable SEF?

What about cache, do you use cache?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
iamalive
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by iamalive »

Hi Jan

I disabled Joomla SEF, but that didn't help. This site does not have any other SEO component.
I turned off and cleared cache - I use the Regula Labs Cache cleaner - but that didn't do anything either.
It only happens with the link to PhocaDownload, nothing else. I also have PhocaGallery on the site and that works fine.
I'm really stuck
Regards
David
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, hmmm, really hard to say as Phoca Download starts working when the menu link goes to Phoca Download but before, it is just Joomla! menu manager system, which displays the links. :idea: :-(

Do you know the link URL. Even if not displayed in menu, is the site accessible on the address (when it is added manually directly to browser url bar)?

Jan
iamalive
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by iamalive »

Hi again Jan

I tried copying the link from the backend menu and that works.
I've made a second link to the same categories view and now the original link shows up!
The particular link provides access to registered user only. I tried making both links registered only and that led to neither link showing. I made the second link open to all and the first link shows up. When clicked it demands one logs in first. If I do that, then all the categories show up as they should.

This is really weird stuff. I'd be happy to provide access for you to take a look and see if you can spot the problem.

Best regards and thanks for your time and input.
David
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, where exactly do you set this:
"The particular link provides access to registered user only"

In menu link?
iamalive
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by iamalive »

Hi Jan

Attached are two images, showing the backend menu item and the front end dispaly.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Fotm2tX.png[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Hq48z4R.png[/img]

I've gone through everything I can thin of.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, download view is intendet for unique download link, what happens when you change it to categories or category view?

Jan
iamalive
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by iamalive »

Hi
That was an example. I tried all the views with no luck.
I went into the database and deleted the entries there and started again. Now (10 minutes after doing it!) it shows up. It's still set for registered users only, but shows up anyway, logged in or not and regardless of position in the menu. I tried it as a submenu in various positions and that showed up, but on the top-level it only shows up, when it's not the last item in the menu, which is where it had been positioned! So at least it's accessible, because if you are not logged in and click the menu link, it takes you to the login form with an error message. But it's certainly not ideal yet, just a work around :-(

Regards
David
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hmmm, really hard to say what could be wrong there, if some cache issues, etc. :idea: