Phoca Map in User Profile

Phoca Maps - displaying maps in Joomla! CMS
drs2biz
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Phoca Map in User Profile

Post by drs2biz »

Hi,

I'm using Community Builder for a members site and would like to know if I can user predefined fields to create a map for each user in their profile. These could include any or all of the following:

[cb_address]
[cb_city]
[cb_zipcode]
[cb_state]
[cb_country]

As these fields are predetermined in the user profile, they could be used to create a map for each user. Is this at all possible now, or would this be an enhancement request?

Alternatively, would it be possible to include a map for each profile that visitors could input the data from the profile to create the map (in a popup)?

I did search for the answer to this, but could not find anything relevant.

Thanks,
David S.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Phoca Map in User Profile

Post by Jan »

Hi, I don't know exactly how CB works but if there is option to use plugins in profiles like in descriptions or articles, you can use Phoca Maps Content plugin - but such plugin displays specific map, so in fact in Phoca Maps needs to be created a map for each user and such added as plugin to the CB profile :idea: which seems to be not the right way :idea: So I think, more sophisticated solution needs to be done :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
drs2biz
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by drs2biz »

Thanks Jan.

It appears that there is no immediate solution to the first part of my question. Alternatively, would it be possible for me to create a map so the visitors (and members) could input the data from a profile (or any address they care to input) to create the map (say, in a popup)?

David
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, no, there is no such option of function (to add a map or marker by users e.g. in frontend) :-(

Jan
drs2biz
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by drs2biz »

Jan wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 00:04 Hi, no, there is no such option of function (to add a map or marker by users e.g. in frontend) :-(

Jan
Thanks Jan. I'll just have to find a different solution, I guess. Google Maps are now problematic so, that cuts down the number of options. Thanks again for your response.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok