Shopping Cart Total always displaying Zero value

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
kdubey
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Shopping Cart Total always displaying Zero value

Post by kdubey »

Hi

I am using the PayPal payment plugin in Sandbox mode. While testing the process, we found that the cart total is not being calculated properly. In fact, it is appearing as zero (0).

Can you let me know why this is happening?

Regards
Kamalesh.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Shopping Cart Total always displaying Zero value

Post by Jan »

Hi, where exactly do you get the zero - when ordering, or when sending data to PayPal? Is your currency setting OK? Enable logging in parameters and see the logs after the payment will be redirected - to see which error do you get there.

Check even if your sandbox PayPal account can accept the currency which is set in cart.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
kdubey
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by kdubey »

Hi Jan

The payment is being calculated incorrectly in the checkout screen, i.e. just before the user is directed to PayPal. The user is not being directed to PayPal at all - it may be due to the Zero Total.

The PayPal Sandbox is working fine as we tested it with another component.

I can share some screenshots, but I cannot figure out how to attach them.

Regards
Kamalesh.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, see:
https://www.phoca.cz/documents/50-phoca ... forum-post

Don't forget to include the screenshot of currency settings and screenshot of price in product edit view. Of course it will be better to get the link to the site where this occurrs.

And let me know the version of Phoca Cart and PayPal plugin.

Jan
kdubey
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by kdubey »

Hi Jan

The URL to the website is https://ehomegenie.com. The products can be found under "+Services" menu option.

In case you would like to get access to the back-end, please register through the font-end and I shall provide you with the relevant access that you need to view this personally.

Regards
Kamalesh.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

just let me know the screenshots:
Don't forget to include the screenshot of currency settings and screenshot of price in product edit view. Of course it will be better to get the link to the site where this occurrs.
currency settings
price in product

and the version of component and the plugin.

Enalbe logging in Phoca Cart Options and let me know the three log items which will be made when PayPal sandbox is used

Jan
kdubey
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by kdubey »

Hi Jan

The version that I am using is 3.4.0.

I have uploaded the screenshots as requested by you. Please let me know if you would like any other screenshot to be uploaded as well:
  1. Currency Settings:
  • Product Price Settings:

Regards
Kamalesh.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, it seems like the currency setting and product price setting is OK. Did you get some info in logs?
kdubey
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by kdubey »

Hi Jan

The following are the screenshots from the checkout screen - you will notice that in the payment selection section null amount is displayed and there is a 'Save' button instead of something that says pay/buy:

On clicking the 'Save' button, on the next screen, it displays a 'Your Order has been confirmed' message/button. At this stage the user is unsure about what to do next, especially since they are yet to make a payment:

However, I have persisted to try and find a way out and have clicked on this button as well. On clicking here, I am now re-directed to the PayPal website (Sandbox). Ypu will notice here that the total payment amount and currency are displayed correctly:

The subsequent payment confirmation on PayPal website and 'Return to Merchant' works fine.

The screenshot of the System Log screen shows two errors (could these be due to the fact that I used the browser in a Private Window mode?):

I also noticed that the order is appearing as 'Pending' in the Orders page. Should this not be 'Confirmed' or something similar?

Regards
Kamalesh.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, the order is marked as "pending" and when redirected to Paypal and successful payment - the Paypal gateway will contact your server and send the information to it. If set in options (PayPal Standard plugin), the status will be then changed (depends on your settings)

If there is some problem when contacting your server by PayPal, you will get no answer, if it is OK, in log you will find the information about success. So if it is missing, something is wrong when contacting your server.

Anyway, in your log, I see there is a problem with SSL certificate. You can disable it in Options (see screenshot above - parameter: "Verify SSL Certificate": "No")

Jan