Documentation on Multilanguage EMail composition

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
Alexander
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Documentation on Multilanguage EMail composition

Post by Alexander »

Dear all

Sorry, its me again with a question or a feature request. I have set up a shop in German and English and everything works perfectly. Now I try to customize the emails to customers. And it would help tremendously if there was a documentation on how to produce multilanguage emails to customers. E.g. do I have to create different "Order Statuses" with different Language Publishing Options to send customized emails in the language of the shop the customer is using? Or how can I best send emails in different (e.g. DE/EN) languages depending on the language version of the shop the customer is using?

Same is true for the "Global Top", "Global Middle", "Global Bottom" etc. articles I can choose in the billing part of Phoca Configuration. Will Phoca honor the set language for the article or will it send just the chosen article?

Thank you all very much!!!

Alexander

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Documentation on Multilanguage EMail composition

Post by Jan »

Hi, it depends on which of the three methods do you use?
https://www.phoca.cz/documents/116-phoc ... al-feature

Try to even see this post:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58960&p=151755#p151740
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Alexander
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by Alexander »

Hi Jan,
I really like Phoca cart and the setup of the products in 2+ languages works perfectly for me, there is no issue. This is a beautiful feature of Phoca cart. Also Bennos German translation works very well, so I don't need "in place" translations. But you have several configuration options where one can pick a "Joomla Article" for a description. And, as far as I could find out, exactly this article is displayed and not the text in the language of the shop. One example is e.g. the "Terms & Conditions" article at the end of the checkout process.

There comes another question I noticed yesterday: I already have Terms & Conditions pages in German and English for my site. How can I put a link to these pages at the end of the checkout page instead of the "Terms & Conditions" window Phoca cart offers as default? I looked at really a lot of the PHP files of Phoca cart in /administrator/com_phocacart and /components/com_phocacart but could not find the one placing this link.

Thank you so much for your help. It's always the little details ...

Kind reagrds

Alexander
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, which method do you use for the multilanguage feature. I will try to take a look at it (to translate articles like "terms & conditions" is or to allow adding of CK plugin code there)

Terms and Conditions, see:
components/com_phocacart/views/checkout/tmpl/default_confirm.php - line 79 which calls the layout:

components/com_phocacart/layouts/form_privacy_checkbox.php

You can display there the default text:
components/com_phocacart/views/checkout/view.html.php (defined including javascript on line 83)

or your own text set in parameters (including links you need - which are created in article text)

Jan
Alexander
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by Alexander »

Hi Jan

components/com_phocacart/views/checkout/view.html.php is the one I was looking for, thank you!

I just had to check for the current language and change the URL accordingly, works perfectly now. And I put it in my template/html folder, so that I will not loose it in an upgrade ;)

Great, thank you very much!

Alexander
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok
Alexander
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast