Can't install phocamaps component after backup

Phoca Maps - displaying maps in Joomla! CMS
meridol
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Can't install phocamaps component after backup

Post by meridol »

Hello everyone,

as the title says, i can't install the phocamap component on my joomla backend after i did a backup with akeeba. (I also want to mention if you guys are not aware of yet, that it wasn't possible to install phoca maps from the extensions manager because it throws an "Error connecting to the server: 403" and "Invalid URL. Unable to find install package" error message.)

At first phoca maps was working fine but then i had to do a restoration with akeeba to an earlier backup, when phoca maps wasn't installed. After restoration i tried to reinstall the component and it gave me the following error message:

Code: Select all

JInstaller: :Install: Error SQL DB function failed with error number 1060
Duplicate column name 'parent' SQL=ALTER TABLE `...
After searching the forums, i found some threads which mentioned to delete the phoca maps related tables on the SQL server, so it again would be possible to install the component but that did not work and now i get the error message:

Code: Select all

JInstaller: :Install: Error SQL Table 'xxxdb1.#__phocamaps_map' doesn't exist
Extension Update: SQL error processing query: DB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'xxdb1.#__phocamaps_map' doesn't exist
SQL =
ALTER TABLE `#__phocamaps_map` ADD COLUMN `custom_options` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '';
I now found a thread, which suggests deleting the component entrys in jos_extensions table. But before i proceed with randomly deleting tables or entrys (yes, i made a backup before) i wanted to ask you guys about any suggestion on how to handle this problem.

I also already asked on the joomla forum but they were not sure if it is an joomla or extension problem.

regards, meridol
Last edited by meridol on 15 Feb 2020, 15:16, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Can't install phocamaps component after backup

Post by Benno »

Hi,
remove Phoca Maps Component manually and install it afterwards again.

Kind regards,
Benno
meridol
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by meridol »

Thanks so much, for the super fast reply.

It worked perfectly.

regards, meridol
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

You're welcome!

Kind regards,
Benno