How to create child products or product variations with different SKUs/EANs, images, description

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
TecX
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

How to create child products or product variations with different SKUs/EANs, images, description

Post by TecX »

Hey Jan!

I have the need to create child products/variations and assign different SKU/EAN codes, product images and descriptions to each of them. Is this doable (like in VirtueMart)?

Thank you and best regards

E.g.
Mainproduct: T-Shirt > SKU12345, Desc: This is a T-Shirt
Child/Variation A: T-Shirt + White + Small > SKU12345-WHT-S, Desc: This is a small sized, white T-Shirt
Child/Variation B: T-Shirt + White + Large > SKU12345-WHT-L, Desc: This is a fantastic large, white T-Shirt
Child/Variation C: T-Shirt + Blue + Medium > SKU12345-BLU-M, Desc: This is a cool blue T-Shirt in medium size
TecX
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: How to create child products or product variations with different SKUs/EANs, images, description

Post by TecX »

Hi, is there some other solution/function I have overseen to solve the SKU/description issue regarding product variations? E.g. Some button/function to add other products as product variation.

For POS I have to have all product variations to be created as separate product and added to a separate POS category, right?
For Onlineshop view, there has to be the main product and its selectable product variations - otherwise the same T-Shirt (e.g. White T-Shirt) will show up multiple times just with other sizes. This would confuse the customers very much.

Thank you for your help, support and ideas!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: How to create child products or product variations with different SKUs/EANs, images, description

Post by Jan »

Hi, there is no SKU and description for the attributes, so yes for now the best method is making separate product for each variant.

I am planning to exted the advanced stock options so they will have SKU and other items, but this will take some time :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
TecX
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by TecX »

Hello Jan!

Thank you for your reply. Okay, I understand.
Such a function would be awesome.

Thank you very much and best regards
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project