Added coupon cannot be used - it is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Re: Added coupon cannot be used - it is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit

Post by shibumi »

Awesome Jan! Will the Rules options problems be fixed as well in this update? And when can we expect the update?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Added coupon cannot be used - it is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit

Post by Jan »

Hi, you can test it now:
https://github.com/PhocaCz/PhocaCart/re ... v3.3.2.zip

(it is recommended to test in on some testing site as it is a beta version in fact, if there will be no problem, I will release it as stable)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by shibumi »

Unfortunately I don’t have a test server at the moment, so I’ll have to wait til you officially release it...
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by shibumi »

I forgot I had an unused domain laying around, so I set up a test environment on it to test 3.3.2 and guess what? As soon as I placed the coupon field before (and after) customer login, it works with Coupon Rules options setup with category, total limit 100 uses, customer limit 20 uses, and minimum cart 10...

[edit]
Just an FYI, I basically did a complete copy of my existing site, with template, custom css, and so on to test out 3.3.2, and everything working good with a couple of minor details as noted below
[/edit]

One thing to note: If a coupon is added (before payment method selected (which is automatic based on cart total), it automatically loads my POS Cash payment method ($0.00 to $0.99 Rule) but not selected...

If I remove the coupon (still no payment method selected - but cart now has a total more than $1.00) it will switch payment method to PayPal ($1.00 to $5000.00 rule) and back to POS Cash if I add the coupon again...

But, now if after I apply a coupon, and I have the payment method selected for POS Cash, if I remove the coupon, and now have a cart total, it does not switch back to my PayPal rule, with either Guest Checkout or logged in user checkout - I have to click the reload quantity button, or if I try and submit it warns no payment method selected... minor details, but for the most part it seems to be now working as expected...

We are almost there, well for my implementation anyways... Fantastic work Jan!

I've been testing in both the latest version of chrome and Firefox on a Mac OSX High Sierra mostly, will also test on Windows 10 PC a little later.
Last edited by shibumi on 16 Aug 2019, 03:11, edited 2 times in total.
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by shibumi »

More on my previously mentioned findings... Just a thought here... when we remove the coupon, it updates the cart total, could it also clear any selected payment method at the same time? I realize that most people that are using a coupon aren't going to remove it, but you never know with some people!

What I have noticed happens if you have no coupon entered, and you have selected a payment method and saved it, when you try and apply a coupon that sets cart total to $0.00 it does not change payment method... I realize that I am creating scenarios that are not the normal way most people would follow, I just like to test all possible methods that could break things :)

for example, I have payment Amount Rules set to allow for free purchases, and payment Amount Rules for PayPal paid purchases, based on cart totals -> if cart total is greater than or equal to $1, it uses PayPal, if cart total is less than $1, it uses the POS Cash for free purchases. It seems that if a payment method is selected (and saved), and the cart total changes, affecting the payment method Amount Rules, the previously selected payment method still stays selected, until you try to checkout, or click update quantity button - again, not the normal way people would follow the checkout process.
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by shibumi »

Hey Jan, how are you making out with 3.3.2? can we expect the release version soon?

I haven't experienced and real issues with your beta, could I use that on my live site until you officially release it?
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by shibumi »

Hey Jan,

How can I change the sort order on the downloads view page so it lists the most recent items first, and oldest items last? So newest to oldest, instead of oldest to newest?

Using 3.3.2 and so far so good! A few minor quirks, but definitely much more improved!

Thanks,

Jeff
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, first of all, I will change the 3.3.2 more before stable

- for now you can add the coupon after you will login

And I plan that you will be able to add it before login and if it fits all the rules it will be just moved when you:

- or you activate the guest checkout

(will take some time as there is a lot to change internal because e.g. to differentiate between guest checkout and the part when you still not logged in, etc.)

For now, there is no option for ordering downloads, so this needs to be customized here:
administrator/components/com_phocacart/libraries/phocacart/download/download.php

on line cca. 40
FROM

Code: Select all

ORDER BY d.date
to

ORDER BY d.date DESC
or

ORDER BY d.date ASC
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by shibumi »

Awesome! Thanks Jan... 3.3.2 is doing what I need, so I will use it as is for now... I look forward to seeing what is new in 3.3.2!

If there is anything I can do to help with testing out different scenarios let me know.
Oh, just an FYI... in the PhocaCart Options -> Calculation -> Checkout Section -> Skip Payment Method -> options are as follows
  1. No
  2. Yes (the order amount is zero)
  3. Yes (overall if no method exists or is not public)
  4. Yes (overall id no payment method was found despite checking all the rules)
Help text says: Skip payment method in checkout.. Be aware when setting this parameter - see documentation.
But there is no documentation found for this option?

Does the "Yes (the order amount is zero)" only apply if you had one payment method (PayPal) and only if the cart total is $0.00? If there is a total, use PayPal payment method?

Well, just tested that method, and leaves order as pending... Even with Default Order Status (Free Download) set to "Completed"
And then I noticed in the PhocaCart Options -> Calculation -> Checkout Section -> Check Product Attributes only had in Order selected, so I added In Checkout and in Cart... and, it works now!

I figured I would document my tests here, just in case anyone else has same problems and what I did to solve them!

Regards,

Jeff
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by shibumi »

Well, after further testing with Guest Checkout enabled, access to My Orders and My Downloads is not shown to Guest user after checkout... Sometimes email is sent with download link, sometimes not... sometimes order is pending, sometimes complete... Download link does work first time, but after a certain amount of time, download link does not work.

I also noticed in the Orders in administration, in the Ordered Products tab, it duplicates things...