Added coupon cannot be used - it is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Re: Added coupon cannot be used - it is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit

Post by shibumi »

Hey Jan,

Thanks, and my pleasure! Always glad to help debug and sort out / fix problems...

Jeff
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Re: Added coupon cannot be used - it is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit

Post by shibumi »

Would be nice if you have the coupon check before payment method selection fixed as well... would that in theory also fix the auto switching between payable and free items to use PayPal for paid items or POS Cash for free items?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Would be nice if you have the coupon check before payment method selection fixed as well... would that in theory also fix the auto switching between payable and free items to use PayPal for paid items or POS Cash for free items?
Yes, this is good idea, I am now testing it - to add new parameter - display "apply coupon" button in: a) payment form b) before shipping and payment. Mostly the place is below the calculation before the address - the problem to place it here, it will not accept coupons which will be assigned to customer groups - before the customer log in.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by shibumi »

I think the way many sites do coupon codes is they are applied either when losing focus on the form field for the coupon code (ie when you tab or click out of the field) or with an actual button that applies the coupon to the cart, updating the total... but I see what you mean about the problem with customer groups... maybe after login, but before shipping and payment methods? What if on logging in, any applied coupons are cleared with a message that says Coupon code cleared on login, please apply coupon code again...? Is this issue based on coupons being applied to different customer groups other than just default customer group?

I can try and help test it out at my end as much as possible, I need to get something up by the end of this weekend so that clients that were promised their free photo can download.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, it is a more design issue. (the apply coupon fit below the calculation but in fact you need to log in first or enable guest checkout to be able to apply coupon)

So it seems this way it will work:

1) there will be parameter to display the apply coupon form - in payment method edit or below the calculation
2) If user applies the coupon before login, he/she will be asked for log in or for enabling guest checkout (login or enabling guest checkout first is important because then the coupons are handled internaly different way)

Jan
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by shibumi »

Hey Jan,

That looks good! I like that you added a Remove Coupon button... how soon for update release?

any news on the broken coupon rules tab options? I tried that code you sent me, following your instructions, and it did not work for me - still got the Invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit message
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by shibumi »

Well, I don't know what I did, but now all PayPal sandbox orders return "Order status changed to: 1" (when I used to get "Order status changed to: 6") and orders are set to Pending (when I used to get orders set to Completed)... this is getting so frustrating, was working just fine the other day until I started experimenting with coupons... fix one thing, break multiple others... :x

Okay, after 3 or 4 test runs coming back pending, it's now coming back completed... wtf?!? lol
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

:-) Really hard to say but in fact coupons have nothing to do with order statuses, so I would say, this was not based on coupon change :idea:

Anyway the same what is applied to coupons will be applied to reward points (they will be even displayed below the calculation)

Jan
shibumi
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by shibumi »

Oh, I wasn't blaming it on the coupons... just my bad luck...

I like it, it looks good - good work Jan!!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

There will be new parameter so it could be set:

- in payment method form
- before login form
- after login form

Jan