Map only shows with some users

Phoca Maps - displaying maps in Joomla! CMS
bandit
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Map only shows with some users

Post by bandit »

I have installed PhocaMaps 3.0.8 (component and plugin) under Joomla 3.9.8. I tested the Map with different browsers (Chrome, IE, Safari, FFox, Opera) and on several different devices (PC, MAC, tablet, mobile phone). It works under all configurations.
Now I get the Information from others, that they only see "Oops! Something went wrong. This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the Javascript console for technical details." Sometimes the have the same device or same configuration.
I never get this fault message on any device and there are no Javascript errors shown, when I check in the console,
Any ideas?

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Map only shows with some users

Post by Jan »

Hi, I think, when you don't get any exact error message from Javascript console, then it is really hard to say, what can be wrong there. Mostly if there is a Javascript error on the site, you should get only white page without any message, but if the user gets ""Oops! Something went wrong", this looks like some problem between the user's browser and Google Maps API :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
bandit
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by bandit »

Hard to find a solution without an error message.

I finally got hand on a computer that didn't show the map and so I could get error message.
Funny mistake: I used * to register the API for all following pages (domain.de/*). With that, it worked on some devices but not on others. I can't even make out a pattern where it works and where not. With using the complete URL of the page where the map is embedded, it works on all devices.

Topic Solved
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok, thank you for the info.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project