Phoca Download - download manager
madmetz
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: Question on inserting new file

Post by madmetz »

Hi Marco,

now I've got a clue of what you mean.
If you want to upload files in backend as e.g. SuperUser you have to follow these steps:

First go to Components -> Phoca Download -> Files

Now it depends on how you want to upload your files.
You can upload your files by either ftp (you should be aware of access rights on your server etc.) or from inside phoca download.
Let's assume you want to upload files from inside phoca.

Click on "Multiple Add" in the phoca menu bar.
In the right pane select a folder (and/or create a new one) in which you want to upload the file.
Click the "Upload" tab, select the file to upload and click "Start Upload". (Remember the folder.)
Because there's nothing to save click "Close".
Back in "Files" click new and enter all the information you need for your file description etc.
From the field "Filename" select your uploaded file.
Enter the appropriate values in the "Title", "Category", "Access", "Uploaded By" and "Owner" fields.
Click "Save".

That's it (I hope)... :twisted:
This description is based on my own experiences.

Regards Mike
Veritas
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Veritas »

Hi Mike,

I think it should be understood that I will have to manually enter the data I need each time I load a backend file.
That's why I thought there was a solution by modifying the code of the file uploading page by automatically setting the value of the "Uploaded By" field with the username connected.

Thank you for your help, you were very kind and willing to put up with my bad English. :lol: :lol:

Marco
madmetz
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by madmetz »

Hi Marco,

I'm running out of ideas... :idea:
Why don't you create a "special user" - only for file upload (site) with the appropriate (access) rights?
This (or these) user(s) can upload and manage their files but other users have only the right to download these files.
If you don't want to do it this way you have to do it like I suggested for backend.

Regards Mike
Veritas
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Veritas »

Hi Mike,

unfortunately I cannot create users, I am not authorized because the site is managed by other people even if I am an administrator in the backend.
I thank you anyway for your help that made me understand many things.

Marco.