Little mistakes and wishes for the future

Phoca Download - download manager
Kostelano
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Little mistakes and wishes for the future

Post by Kostelano »

Good day! Thanks for the component, I really like it. I just started to use it.

I want to write about the little problems that I have. And found blots.

1. For frontend: The problem with the rating | Screenshot
File rating does not work on my local site if I am a guest (when not logged in). When I evaluate the file - the icon "loading ..." just turns endlessly. But if I log in to the site, the file rating starts to work correctly. Perhaps I did not correctly determine the access rights? Try to repeat the problem.

2. For frontend: File rating is disabled - you need to remove the sort order by rating | Screenshot
I think it would be right.

3. For frontend: Number of file downloads - add constant | Screenshot
For example:
COM_PHOCADOWNLOAD_DOWNLOADS_TIMES="times"
4. For frontend: Hide null subcategories and slash | Screenshot
The button in the admin panel completely hides the line "subcategories / files". It seems to me that it is correct to hide separately subcategories and files.

5. For adminpanel: The size "label" in russian language | Screenshot
Translation into Russian takes up more space than English. Fields lay on each other. Perhaps in the future it is worth changing the width of the "label" on 13em or "auto"?

-----------------------------------------

Thanks for attention! And thanks again for the component! He is gorgeous :)
Kostelano
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: Little mistakes and wishes for the future

Post by Kostelano »

6. For adminpanel: Small blots in the screenshot | Screenshot

Sorry, but I am a perfectionist :)
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

1) there is no option to make rating when the user is not logged in.

2) Ok

3) Ok

4) Hmm, this is much more a question on template override, now it just displays number of subcategories/number of files so it depends on each user which format fits his/her needs :idea:

5) Ok

6a) Ok
6b) I will take a look at it but not sure I this is not related to some Joomla! method

Anyway thank you very much for the info.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Kostelano
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Kostelano »

Thanks for answers.

File rating problem solved (#1): In the component settings for registered users, 2 user groups were defined - guest and registered user. Once deleted the "guest", the problem with the infinitely spinning icon "loading ..." was solved successfully. A message was displayed stating that only registered users can rate the file.

Maybe you need to implement a check for this field so that the guest could not be a registered user?

Screenshot
-----------------------------------------------------------------

In the block "popular files" links lead to a category. Why don't the links lead to files? (If the "detailed file page" is enabled in the admin panel) It will be better this way.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,
In the block "popular files" links lead to a category. Why don't the links lead to files? (If the "detailed file page" is enabled in the admin panel) It will be better this way.
Because File View is not the default view - it is disabled as default, so as default link to some specific file will be not working link.

Jan
Kostelano
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Kostelano »

Kostelano
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Kostelano »

Another wish for the new version of the component.

Adjust the correct work with Cyrillic.
For example, the file in Russian "Тима Белорусских - Мокрые Кроссы.mp3" after loading turned into a file "- .mp3".

--------------
and No translation of buttons Add Files & Start Upload (Backend)

Thanks for the work.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, unfortunately, mostly servers are not ready for filenames with diacritics so it is recommended to use ascii characters in file names. Unfortunately I cannot test if there will be no problem with filenames including cyrillic characters as all the servers I do for test do not support it. So maybe this is more a question on some user who is using cyrillic to prepare such feature which I can then implement (but of course such needs to be set in options so it does not break some specific features on the website like going through the tree of folders (when folder includes space then the tree is then broken, etc. etc.) :idea:

Jan
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hmmm, testing now:
without any such problem, and really no idea which way the 10% can became 60px ???

Jan
Kostelano
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Kostelano »

Jan wrote: 04 Jun 2019, 16:46 Hi, unfortunately, mostly servers are not ready for filenames with diacritics so it is recommended to use ascii characters in file names. Unfortunately I cannot test if there will be no problem with filenames including cyrillic characters as all the servers I do for test do not support it. So maybe this is more a question on some user who is using cyrillic to prepare such feature which I can then implement (but of course such needs to be set in options so it does not break some specific features on the website like going through the tree of folders (when folder includes space then the tree is then broken, etc. etc.) :idea:
All clear ;) In fact, I also do not use files with Cyrillic names, but maybe someone will use such files on their sites. Russian-speaking population is very much :)
Jan wrote: 04 Jun 2019, 16:53 Hmmm, testing now:
without any such problem, and really no idea which way the 10% can became 60px ???
Here the image value for 10% of downloads is 50% and they do not cover the field completely. I wrote that it is better to use 60%. But I already saw the formula in the file ...

Code: Select all

if ((int)$this->maxandsum->maxhit == 0) {
	$per = 0;
	$perOutput = 0;
} else {
	$per 		= round((int)$item->hits / (int)$this->maxandsum->maxhit * 500);
	$perOutput 	= round((int)$item->hits / (int)$this->maxandsum->sumhit * 100);
}

It's okay, this is nonsense.