Photo display is truncated. Only the lower part of the image is displayed at the top of the screen

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
Eamonveaney
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Photo display is truncated. Only the lower part of the image is displayed at the top of the screen

Post by Eamonveaney »

When I click on an individual photo in an album the photo image is truncated. The photo appears at the top of the screen but only the lower part of the photo is displayed . Is there a setting which causes this to happen.

Tags:
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Photo display is truncated. Only the lower part of the image is displayed at the top of the screen

Post by christine »

Hi,

which Joomla & Phoca Gallery Version are you using?

Try: another Detail View, see under Options: https://www.phoca.cz/documents/2-phoca- ... e-joomla-3 > Detail View Settings.

Kind regards
Christine
Eamonveaney
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Photo display is truncated. Only the lower part of the image is displayed at the top of the screen

Post by Eamonveaney »

Joomla 3.9.5 and Phoca 4.3.16
KarEm
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by KarEm »

Hi,

a link to your site might be helpful.

Regards
KarEm
KarEm
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by KarEm »

Hi,

thanks for the link.
I took a quick look with the Firefox Inspector and found in a prog (view.html.php) a shift in the vertical direction of -50%. With a temporary correction I could prevent this shift and the picture was completely displayed.

Unfortunately, I do not know the reason for this (hard) coded shift.
Please check the settings (link above) for the detailed view, if there this value of -50% has been changed or could be changed.

Regards
KarEm
Eamonveaney
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Eamonveaney »

How can tne vertical direction option/ parameter be changed ? Apparantly it has been set to -50 which is causing the truncation. Not sure how this could have happened as it used to work ok until recently.
Eamonveaney
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Eamonveaney »

Thanks KarEm and Christine

It looks like vertical direction set to -50 is the problem but I can’t work out how to change that parameter .
KarEm
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by KarEm »

Hi,

I did another test with my mobile and here the images are distorted in landscape as well as in portrait orientation.
This suggests that there are other problems besides the vertical shift.

How did the system behave on a mobile before this first appearance of the shifts, were the images reproduced correctly in the dimensions and position (both in landscape and in portrait orientation)?
... it used to work ok until recently
Did you make any updates (e.g.template, plugins, phoca, ...) before the first vertical shift occured?

Regards
KarEm
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

Hi,

it seems you had/have Modal Box (Image only) - now changed to Boxplus? Confirm distorsion on mobile version.
Informed & asked Jan about.

Try Detail View: Shadowbox (Image only) please.

Kind regards
Christine