Opt in for Guestbook

Phoca Guestbook - creating guestbooks in Joomla! CMS
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Opt in for Guestbook

Post by christine »

Hi,
Unfortunately I feared that it is the template, that's why I asked for testing with standard.
So I don't know. Any update possible on this template?

Kind regards
Christine

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Does your template override the Phoca Guestbook layout? (In Joomla! templates can override the component layout and in case the template is not up to date, it can skip displaying it as it does not have it included - could be the reason) :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Thomasinho

Post by Thomasinho »

The template is uptodate. But the original developer (Shape5) is "dead". The name and support is overtaken from Joomlart. I dont know if they make updates for a free template. :?

The template is overriding the components layout. You can see it at the blockquote-styling. I will have a look at the template options if i can do something.
Thomasinho

Post by Thomasinho »

I just wanted to let you know that a mod of Joomlart forum helped me.
You may check now. Have added the code snippet in specific override file i.e./templates/shape5_vertex/html/com_phocaguestbook/guestbook/default_form.php around line 79 in order for GDPR to render and reported the same to JA Dev. Team ensuring that we can have it updated in future template version release :

Code: Select all

<?php if ($this->params->get('display_privacy_checkbox_form')):	?>
		<div class="control-group">
			<div class="controls input-group">
			<?php echo $this->form->getInput('privacy_checkbox'); ?>

</div>
			<div class="ph-privacy-row"><?php echo $this->params->get('privacy_checkbox_text'); ?></div>
		</div>

<?php endif;?>
Maybe that will help you too?! :twisted:
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

Hi Thomasinho,

Here I see some news from template shape 5: https://www.shape5.com/blog/ but downloads (also vertex framework) etc. provided from Joomlart.
Thanks for your information and Code! I'm sure it will help us and other users too 8)

Kind regards
Christine