File ordering erratic

Phoca Download - download manager
ShogunWeb
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

File ordering erratic

Post by ShogunWeb »

Hi,

I've chose file ordering descending to be able to drag 'n drop files to reorder them, and so that by default the last file added goes on top of the list.

However, it seems that reordering files by drag'n drop does not work correctly on my site : when I change the file order in the admin, it changes the order on the front-end, but the changes don't reflect what was done in the admin.

More : when I reorder a file in admin, and then I reload the page, the order changes completely - not only the file I moved, but other files too !
To be complete : when I reload the page without moving files, everything remains stable.
I suppose reordering is saved 'live' via some kind of ajax, isn't it ?

Any idea why reordering file by drag'n drop is erratic on my website ?

Best regards,

Jérémie
ShogunWeb
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: File ordering erratic

Post by ShogunWeb »

Note : I tried to reinstall Phoca Download (version 3.1.4) but it does not solve the problem.
My Joomla version is 3.8.13.
PHP Version 7.0.32
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
why don't you set 'File Ordering=Date Descending' or 'File Ordering=IP Descending' in:
backend --> Components --> Phoca Download --> Control Panel --> Options --> Display --> Categories and Category View
Because then by default the last file added will be displayed on top of the list.

Kind regards,
Benno
ShogunWeb
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by ShogunWeb »

Well, new files should indeed be added by default on top, but there are legacy files which have been imported all at once and unordered, so I should order them now. ;-)
So unfortunately, using the ID or date wouldn't work for me.