Phocadownload Folders

Phoca Download - download manager
dmoore37
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Phocadownload Folders

Post by dmoore37 »

Greetings:
I need to learn how to delete a phocadownload folder I created by mistake. I am using Joomla. I am not a programmer so I need detailed steps.
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Phocadownload Folders

Post by Benno »

Hi,
do you mean a subfolder inside the folder /phocadownload/ on your server,
or do you mean a Phoca Download Categorie that you have created in Joomla! Backend?

Kind regards,
Benno
dmoore37
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by dmoore37 »

Benno:
I created a sub folder when I was uploading a PDF to go into that folder. I mistakenly did not select the correct category for the sub folder and I want to remove it. I should be a sub folder under a different category. Can you help me? I appreciate any advice. I am not a techie. I manage to learn as I go using Joomla and Phocadownload. Thank you!
Denise
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hello Denise,
I honestly did not understand the problem yet. Please post which category structure and which folder structure you have now, and which one you want to have.
And don't worry, everything can be repaired. :)

Kind regards,
Benno
dmoore37
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by dmoore37 »

Benno:

I have little knowledge on how to describe the issue as I am not so familiar with the structure in Phoca. We are using version 3.1.4.

We have a parent category called BOD. In that category, we can control who has access; in this case, only the Board Members can access files within the BOD category. Within the parent category called BOD, we also created other categories like Exec committee. Within exec comm, I created 2 additional categories ES and FM. So, the parent category of Exec comm is BOD, the parent of ES and FM is Exec Comm. After I created the categories, I had to create phoca folders to house uploaded documents to the ES and FM categories. I uploded a file and had to create new folders called ES and FM. When I created the phocadownload folder FM, I mistakenly selected BOD as its category and now that folder is showing up in the BOD category folder list. I want to delete that folder. I was able to create the FM folder correctly under the exec comm category but I want to delete the one I created by mistake under the BOD category. I cannot figure out how to delete that folder.

Does this explanation help or make this even more confusing? Sorry, I am not fully informed of the structure in Phoca to explain in more detail. I do very much appreciate you trying to help me!
Thanks,
Denise
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
I hope I understood you correctly now. If this folder is empty you can simply delete it via FTP or with a filemager like Phoca Commander.

Kind regards,
Benno
dmoore37
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by dmoore37 »

Beno:

Thanks for the recommendation. I will need to investigate these options.
Denise
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Ok.

Kind regards,
Benno
Crimgom
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie