Delete files by FTP and slow component

Phoca Download - download manager
khasta
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Delete files by FTP and slow component

Post by khasta »

Hi.

In these moments, I have uploaded 25% of the files and folders of the total to the web. There are already more than 2000 folders and files and when I try to access the 'Files' or 'Folder' section of the control panel, it takes an average of 20 seconds to open. This is normal? Also, if I want to find a specific folder or file, it also takes about 20 seconds to show the results. Is there any way to streamline this process? Both the files and the folders show them from 20 to 20. I do not think it's normal for it to take so long. Do I need some special configuration to manage so many documents?

To make the document upload faster, we upload it by FTP and then use the option 'Multiple Upload'. As the component in the administrator part does not show the folders and files as a tree, but in a listed way and sometimes it is difficult and slow to find a folder and / or file, is there any way that when a folder or file is deleted? through FTP, also do it in the administrator part?
Right now, if a file is deleted by FTP, the file can no longer be downloaded from the web because it no longer exists but the file still appears to the user. Is there any way to make everything be deleted by doing it by FTP? It would be great for our client, who demands more quickly, because as I said before, it takes more than 20 seconds to perform each action.

Thank you for your attention.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Delete files by FTP and slow component

Post by Jan »

Hi, in multiple upload you can see the folder and file structure like it is set on server. So if there is no "categorization" to different folders and subfolders and you load e.g. 1000 files on one site (if in ftp client or in multiple upload view) it just takes the time.

The way to prevent from this is:
- using pagination for file items (loading from database)
- using folder structure (including subfolders) for files stored on server (loading from filesystem)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
khasta
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by khasta »

Jan wrote: 14 Jan 2018, 01:36
The way to prevent from this is:
- using pagination for file items (loading from database)
- using folder structure (including subfolders) for files stored on server (loading from filesystem)
Hi.
I can not find a way to do this.

The slowness of how the control panel opens when I click on Categories or Files is not normal.

But everything would be solved if there is a way that when a change is made via FTP of some folder or subfolder, and I update by multiple popup, the name of the file also disappears from the user view. Right now if I delete a file via FTP, the file is no longer downloaded because it has been deleted and it is not on the server (correct), but the name of the file still appears in the user view. The user still sees it even if he can not download it. What we would need is that the file name of the folder will also be deleted and not appear.

That is, if I delete the file on the server, it is also deleted from Phoca completely. I have seen that the opposite configuration exists, that is, if a file is deleted from Phoca, it is also deleted from the server. We need the opposite.

You could send the access data to an email to see the slowness with which the 'categories' or 'files' folder of the control panel is opened.
If necessary, we would pay to be able to improve the operation of the component.
We understand that there are thousands of files, but the view is 20 in 20 and still takes a long time to open.

Thank you
khasta
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by khasta »

Urgent: the 'Categories' folder of the Control Panel is no longer opened. There are so many, that I end up showing the following error:

"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log. "

What can be done to make it open more quickly? Shows 20 in 20 but is not able to load everything there.

Thank you
khasta
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by khasta »

Hi.

We need help. I have configured runtime on server in more than 300 seconds because otherwise, it fails. How can I make the Categories section open faster?

Right now I have to wait more than 4 minutes for it to open. If opening the Categories section shows 20 in 20, it should not take that long. Please, help us to solve this.
If necessary, we will pay for a support service to solve this problem. It is urgent.

Thank you.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, enable debug mode in your Joomla! configuration and see the database information below the site to see which database query takes the time.

Jan
khasta
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by khasta »

hi
The data it shows are the following:

29 registered queries 4445.24 ms

4 duplications detected!
2 duplications: # 4 # 28
2 duplications: # 5 # 29

The ones that I see that are exaggerated are:

14. Query time: 2331.40 ms / After the last query: 19.15 ms / Query to memory: 9.281 MB / memory before query: 3.939 MB / Rows returned: 13268
SELECT a. *, L.title AS language_title, uc.name AS editor, ag.title AS access_level, c.title AS parentcat_title, c.id AS parentcat_id, cc.countid AS countid

FROM `v9rc5_phocadownload_categories` AS to

LEFT JOIN `v9rc5_languages` AS l
  ON l.lang_code = a.language

LEFT JOIN v9rc5_users AS uc
  ON uc.id = a.checked_out

LEFT JOIN v9rc5_viewlevels AS ag
  ON ag.id = a.access

LEFT JOIN v9rc5_phocadownload_categories AS c
  ON c.id = a.parent_id

LEFT JOIN (SELECT cc.parent_id, count (*) AS countid
  FROM v9rc5_phocadownload_categories AS cc
  GROUP BY cc.parent_id) AS cc
  ON a.parent_id = cc.parent_id

WHERE (a.published IN (0, 1))

ORDER BY a.title asc

15. Query time: 2048.64 ms / After the last query: 66.89 ms / Query to memory: 0.027 MB / memory before query: 47.673 MB / Rows returned: 1

SELECT COUNT (*)

FROM `v9rc5_phocadownload_categories` AS to

LEFT JOIN `v9rc5_languages` AS l
  ON l.lang_code = a.language

LEFT JOIN v9rc5_users AS uc
  ON uc.id = a.checked_out

LEFT JOIN v9rc5_viewlevels AS ag
  ON ag.id = a.access

LEFT JOIN v9rc5_phocadownload_categories AS c
  ON c.id = a.parent_id

LEFT JOIN (SELECT cc.parent_id, count (*) AS countid
  FROM v9rc5_phocadownload_categories AS cc
  GROUP BY cc.parent_id) AS cc
  ON a.parent_id = cc.parent_id

WHERE (a.published IN (0, 1))
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, in Joomla! one query is used twice in administration:
- first to load the items (e.g. 20 per page)
- second to load count of the items (if possible - e.g. query does not have group by clause, then with COUNT(*)

So this seems to be OK. Which count of categories do you have? How many tree levels? What is the pagination limit (how many items-categories loaded on one page?)

Jan
khasta
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by khasta »

Hi.
We have about 300 users. Each user has 8 main categories and about 145 subfolders. And in total, between 100-150 files.

When I access the Files or Categories folder in the admin administration panel, it has a limit of 20 folders / files per page.

If you only load 20 items per page, is it normal for it to take 5 minutes to open? Can something be done to make it faster?

Thank you
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, loading 20 items on page should not make such problems, so there must be something really weird in the loading :Idea: So if it is causes by some SQL query, then I think, such query needs to be directly customized for the page (e.g. not necessary information will be loaded, so it can then be faster :idea: )

Jan