Issue when have no rights to category

Phoca Gallery plugins - plugins for Phoca Gallery extension
KreapZo
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Issue when have no rights to category

Post by KreapZo »

Hi there,

I'm facing an issue with the Phoca Gallery Plugin. I'd like to use Phoca Gallery with the Phoca Gallery Plugin to display all categories, but only when a user has the rights for it.

To reproduce this behaviour:
1. Create 2 different User Groups and 2 different viewing access levels (created for parent group "registered")
2. Add 2 users and each to the newly created access levels in 1
3. Create 2 or more categories in Phoca Gallery with different access levels (created in 1)
4. Upload some pictures to categories
5. Create a new content article with content like "{phocagallery view=category|categoryid=1}{phocagallery view=category|categoryid=2}{phocagallery view=category|categoryid=3}"
6. Open the newly created content article and see the issue:
- all categories are showing up with a category image

What I expected to see, when not logged in: no category and no image, just like when opening a direct link from the menu of Phoca Gallery component.

Best regards,
KreapZo
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Issue when have no rights to category

Post by Jan »

Hi, in article, the access level of article is active and not the one of Phoca Gallery. So this mean, the access level feature should be based on articles not on plugins inside the articles. So in short the plugin does not accept the rights of component as it is supposed this will be solved on article level :idea: To do so, the plugin needs to be customized directly in the code. :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
KreapZo
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by KreapZo »

Hi Jan,

Thank you very much for your reply. I was not aware of this behaviour. Sadly, I'm not the regular programming guy, so If you have any clues for me, what to change, it would be awesome. But it's not a must see in here :)

Best regards,
Patrick
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Maybe try to see if you are able to make different content for registered/not registered and manage the access rights on article level :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project