phocagallery tag not expanded in RSS Feed

Phoca Gallery plugins - plugins for Phoca Gallery extension
canvon
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

phocagallery tag not expanded in RSS Feed

Post by canvon »

Hi,

Phoca Gallery Plugin is working so far, i.e., when using the phocagallery tag in an article, the frontend displays the selected pictures.

But now I added an RSS Feed module, and when I click the link in the frontend, I get an overview of articles, including images from the article Images and Links tab's Intro Image; but the phocagallery tags don't get expanded to images, they are included in the RSS feed as literal text.

Is this supposed to normally work, i.e., display Phoca Gallery images in the basic Joomla feeds? What settings could I try to tweak to get this to work?

Regards,
canvon
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: phocagallery tag not expanded in RSS Feed

Post by Jan »

Hi, what you exactly mean with "phocagallery tag in article" - do you mean the plugin code? If yes and it is not rendered in RSS, maybe you should check if the displaying of plugins in enabled in RSS. But maybe there is no such feature for the RSS :idea: Do you have a link to some live site where this occurs?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
canvon
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by canvon »

Compare https://www.barbara-pietsch.de/joomla/e ... d&type=rss (plugin code appearing as text) with https://www.barbara-pietsch.de/joomla/en/paintings (all photos showing, including the Phoca Gallery Plugin ones).
Jan wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 20:40 maybe you should check if the displaying of plugins in enabled in RSS. But maybe there is no such feature for the RSS :idea:
For example, a custom module has Options -> Prepare Content -> Yes/No -- it has a tooltip that says "Optionally prepare the content with the Joomla Content Plugins." I think such an option is what you mean, but I didn't find anything like that for feed/RSS.

Another guess was that it could be the plugin order, but "Phoca Gallery Plugin" seems to run right after "Content - Joomla", the first plugin. (On the other hand, a bunch of plugins have ordering number 0, here.) Or should I try making Phoca Gallery Plugin the first plugin?
canvon
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by canvon »

http://web.archive.org/web/201309060655 ... -1.5.x.php suggests patching rss.php to let it process plugins at all; but this is for Joomla 1.5, I'd hope the situation would be different today (and perhaps the code that worked back then would not work anymore today).
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, now I understand. It seems like the situation is still the same, if you get plugin code displayed in RSS - to customize the RSS. Unfortunately, in this area I don't have any experiences, so maybe some post in joomla.org forum can help :idea:

Jan
canvon
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by canvon »

Hi, thanks for your reply. I simply ignored the RSS problem for the time being. But now I got the same(?) problem wih Facebook Like/Share plugins:
Both JL Like from JoomLine and Social 2s from "anton" don't seem to recognize the article image that was inserted using phocagallery plugin code.

Now my question is, would your Open Graph plugin help? Would it recognize the image / expand the plugin code? Or what else could I do?
(Do you by chance know that some other gallery does things differently and, e.g., inserts ready HTML code into the article as saved in the DB? (To be edited interactively via a TinyMCE plugin or something like that? Some WordPress site I had to administrate seemed to use such a kind of setup.))
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, I would say the problem will be with the plugin, see the workflow of how images are set by Phoca Open Graph plugin:

https://www.phoca.cz/documents/70-phoca ... open-graph

The problem with images displayed by plugins could be that the open graph plugin get the information about the images inside article before they are added by content plugin. So the images are in fact not ready yet when open graph plugin builds the info.

So then the way should be pasting one image into the article image field and such image will then represent the article :idea:

Jan