404 error with phocagallery view=category|categoryid=6

Phoca Gallery plugins - plugins for Phoca Gallery extension
2xhb
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Hello,I

Post by 2xhb »

Hello,

I created a few categories with several pictures in it. Opening a catery via a menu-item shows all thumbnails and clicking a thumbnail gives a pop-up window with a larger picture.
Opening a category in a page with phocagallery view=category|categoryid=6 shows a page with all thumbnails, but clicking a thumbnail gives a pop-up window with a 404 error message. A thumbnail refers to index.php/imageid-imagename?tmpl=component. Is that reference okay? Any idea what causes the message?

Best regards, Harro
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

??? I don't kno

Post by Jan »

??? I don't know, please can you give me a site name I can check it.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
2xhb
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Jan,I meet the

Post by 2xhb »

Jan,
I meet the problem at a server in my own network, isolated from the Internet. I'll try to reproduce the error at a site you can reach. I'll let you know as soon as possible.
Harro
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

great...

Post by Jan »

great...
2xhb
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Jan, I can't re

Post by 2xhb »

Jan, I can't reproduce it on the internet, everything seems to be okay. I meet the problem at my personal webserver, a Synology DS106e. The error may be caused by a problem with the firmware, I don't know. I you still want to know what I mean, you can have a look at http://213.134.246.112/index.php/jaarda ... aardag-200 0. I'll leave port 80 open for a few hours.

Harro
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Maybe there is a pro

Post by Jan »

Maybe there is a problem with URL creating, try to disable SEF and we will see

BTW: It seems like you are 'Phoca User' (your signature)
2xhb
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Jan, you're cor

Post by 2xhb »

Jan, you're correct, with SEF disabled there are no problems anymore. Bug in Joomla, bug in Phoca plugin or none of them?

No, I can't say I'm a Phoca user. 6 weeks ago I installed Joomla the first time in my life and I am still looking for extensions I like. So far I like the products Phoca delivers: simple and just enough for what I need. As soon as I can call myself a Phoca user, I'll make a donation.

My signature tells that I use 3 beta versions. Does that mean that I can expect some final versions sooner or later, or do they remain beta for ever, because there is allways to improve something?

Best regards, Harro
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

The reason why these

Post by Jan »

The reason why these components and plugin are still in beta is that I still add some feature. Somebody write to me that it will be good if Phoca Gallery do this and this... if it is a reasonable feature, it will be implemented.

The second reason is that Joomla! 1.5 is still fresh and some errors will be fixed with patch, e.g. SEF:

there can be problems with PHP (please check your php version), with Joomla! (do you have a stable), but with Phoca Gallery too.

On most sites Phoca Gallery works without errors, but there are some sites, they have problems with SEF.

I can call the components and plugin as stable but I am still waiting until Joomla! 1.5 and Phoca Gallery will be used on more servers. Then I can say, it works, it can be stable

Jan