Phoca Download - access of category

General Forum
christon118
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Phoca Download - access of category

Post by christon118 »

Hi, first time poster here. I have been trying to get help for this problem on the official phocadownload support page, but the devs seem to have lost interest. Hopefully someone here has some insight.

I have a set of files that should only be available for download to registered users.

when category access is set to registered, the category is not visible on the the front end.

when category access is set to public, and access rights is set to "all registered users" users are prompted to log in when they select a file for download even though they are already logged in.

thanks for the help

Tags:
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Phoca Download - access of category

Post by Benno »

Hi,
I have been trying to get help for this problem on the official phocadownload support page
Which page do you mean? This is the official Phoca Download support page!
..but the devs seem to have lost interest.
The Phoca project consists of one developer (Jan) and a few moderators. As you can see here in the forum, everyone is active. So there can be no question of lost interest.
BTW: We all do this in our free time. :idea:

Kind regards,
Benno
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

I have a set of files that should only be available for download to registered users.

when category access is set to registered, the category is not visible on the the front end.
If you want to display categories, set access and access rights to public. The set access for each file to registered and you can set that inaccessible files will be displayed for public but they will be not able to download:

Will be great to get more info about what do you mean with: " this problem on the official phocadownload support page, but the devs seem to have lost interest"

I and seems like even Benno - we didn't get any question from you in past :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
christon118
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by christon118 »

Jan wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 12:51
I have a set of files that should only be available for download to registered users.9Apps

If you want to display categories, set access and access rights to public. The set access for each file to registered and you can set that inaccessible files will be displayed for public but they will be not able to download:

Will be great to get more info about what do you mean with: " this problem on the official phocadownload support page, but the devs seem to have lost interest"

I and seems like even Benno - we didn't get any question from you in past :idea:

Jan
Thanks anyway my problem Solved!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project