Page 1 of 2
Posted: 07 Apr 2008, 01:20
When searching for a gallery plugin to use I think i read that I would be able to password protect each gallery, is this correct? if so then how do I do it?
Many thanks for your help
you can only protect
Posted: 07 Apr 2008, 14:33
you can only protect the menu link to the gallery. (in menu manager)... There is no password protection in Phoca Gallery yet...
Posted: 08 Apr 2008, 20:30
Thanks for the reply, also thanks for PhocaGallery.
I don`t know how to do it through the menu manager yet though I`m still new at Joomla, I will find out.
if you create a menu
Posted: 08 Apr 2008, 20:36
if you create a menu link, you can choose that this menu link only registered user can see (e.g.)... in Menu Manager...
Hi Jan,Oh yes
Posted: 09 Apr 2008, 21:57
Oh yes I know that one, I need to protect areas to specific users though.
(I`m a wedding photographer and want to allow only the married couple to view their own photos)
Posted: 09 Apr 2008, 22:03
Phoca Gallery doesn't have this feature ...
Hi, try the version
Posted: 10 Apr 2008, 16:23
Hi, try the version 1.6.7:
* Added Public/Register/Special Access behaviour for categories. You can define that e.g. only registered users can see the category.
* Category can be displayed only for specifed user(s). You can define, that only User X or User Y can see the category.
* You can hide or display the back button in category view (e.g. if you use breadcrumbs).
* TinyMCE editor added into a description of an image. The text can be formatted.
Ok thanks, I will gi
Posted: 12 Apr 2008, 19:36
Ok thanks, I will give it a try.
Hi Jan,first i
Posted: 14 Apr 2008, 22:03
first impressions are excellent, I seem to have it working with several test users with no problems at all. I`ll build up the site a bit more and let you know how it goes.
many thanks again
Hi, there are still
Posted: 14 Apr 2008, 22:06
Hi, there are still the back button and folder button to protected categories in tree (they are shown but not accessible) ... I will try to:
- hide them or
- add e.g. a picture 'key' to the image ... but it will be not easy, so it takes time...