Upgrade procedure

General Forum
jxrossel
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Hi,Being

Post by jxrossel »

Hi,

Being a faithful user of Phoca products and having to upgrade quite often to follow up with the amazing development work, I have noticed two recurrent problems:

1) the menu link to the component has to be re-established manually after the upgrade.

2) more of a problem: all the global settings are lost.

For point (2), I was wondering if the old settings could be saved in a temporary table and then transferred to the new table after upgrading. As far as I have seen, the parameters name remain the same from one version to the other so that no clash would be encountered.

Just a suggestion,

Cheers

Jonathan
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Hi, this is know iss

Post by Jan »

Hi, this is know issue described in Phoca Gallery (Guestbook) Manual,...

The upgrade method is not 100% in Joomla! and Joomla! core team works on it, so we must wait until it will be 100% ready...

Now, you can use e.g. phpMyAdmin to copy the default settings and paste them after upgrading or you can upgrade via FTP (this is the quickest way to upgrade)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
jxrossel
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Ok,I did

Post by jxrossel »

Ok,

I did not know that the upgrade method was a Joomla feature! I thought it was yours...

Up to now, I avoided FTP to upgrade, because I am never quite sure to put the good files at the right place or if the database must be modified, and so on... (Oh, I've just seen you have added a detailed explanation in the user manual!)

But, I'll keep the phpMyAdmin idea! Thanks,

Jonathan