Can't install Phoca Gallery

Phoca Install - install extension in Joomla! CMS
Gzyn
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Can't install Phoca Gallery

Post by Gzyn »

I can't get Phoca Gallery properly installed. In Components > Phoca Gallery > Images, I get a plain screen and the error message "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/gregory7/public_html/administrator/components/com_phocagallery/views/phocagalleryimgs/tmpl/default_batch.php on line 24" I downloaded com_phocagallery_v4.3.18.zip. I use Joomla! 3.9.6 Stable. The screen displays only in text but there are no icons. The Categories screen is bad too. The other items are good with pretty icons. How do I fix it?

Thumbnail Creation Status: Enabled

Control Panel
Images
Categories
Themes
Category Rating
Image Rating
Category Comments
Image Comments
Users
Tags
Styles
Info

Search
Sets the maximum number of results to return. Select the ordering. Sort Table By:
Image Title Filename Functions Published Authorized Category Owner Uploaded by Rating Hits Language ID

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/gregory7/public_html/administrator/components/com_phocagallery/views/phocagalleryimgs/tmpl/default_batch.php on line 24
Gzyn
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Can't install Phoca Gallery

Post by Gzyn »

Stepped back and used the earlier version. It seems to work.
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

Hi,

that's not a good idea. Your Joomla Version is outdated. Current = J 3.9.12

Kind regards
Christine
Gzyn
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Gzyn »

I had Joomla 3.9.12. Errors about parsing square brackets "[" are caused by having a very old version of PHP. I updated to PHP 7.1.30. I reinstalled the latest versions of Phoca Gallery and Panorama and everything is good. All the buttons show. I put a picture in a test gallery. Now, I have to work on putting up some panoramas and tours. I want bigger pictures too.