Error - No Event Found

Phoca Panorama - displaying list of panorama images and detail of selected panorama image
Traveller594
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Error - No Event Found

Post by Traveller594 »

I have installed Phoca Panorama (latest version) on a new Joomla 3.5.1 site. I now understand the configuration of the folders/files and these seem to be correct because my thumbnails are used correctly. However, my pano files consist only of a file "tour.swf". I do not understand what should be in the js or xml files, or even if they are essential.

Whatever I do seems to produce the same error message - "Error: No event found."

Any advice appreciated.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Error - No Event Found

Post by Jan »

Hi, can you paste the error message as screenshot here, to know which part of the system produces it?

Mostly the panorama made some panorama software includes:

html file - main file
xml file - with all the information
js file - javascript which works with e.g. flash, etc. :Idea:

So maybe the error message comes from the panorama directly :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Traveller594
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Traveller594 »

Thanks for your reply. The reported error has now changed and I can't get back to the original one!. I don't know why but I have been working on this for days and have tried all sorts of variations and settings. I now get the items list view OK but when I click to view a panorama I get Error 404 - Category not found. I have one category and both panorama items are in the same category. The items are in foldera and folderb - both of these folders within folder phocapanorama (ie phocapanoraa/foldea and phocapanorama/folderb). Both foldera and folderb contain only a single .swf lile named tour.swf - ie no .js or .xml files (because I do not have them).

My .swf files were converted from .mov files which were generated originally by PTGui and convertds to .swf files.

I should appreciate any comments/ideas.

Regards
Traveller594
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Traveller594 »

I tried changing my panorama files so that I now have tour.js, tour.jpg, tour.htm, tour.swf etc, but I still get rhe error 404 "category not found" when trying to open any panorama. The module framework appears on the front end, and lists the two panoramas I have installed, but when clicking on "View Panorama" I always get error 404.

I checked the server error log (Apache) and find that every attempt to open a panorama results in "[warn] [client Option FollowSymLinks not allowed in line 20 of /home/sites/mysite.com/public_html/.htaccess". I have tried commenting out the "Option FollowSymLinks" line in my .htaccess file but this makes no difference - the same error appears in the front end and on the server's error log.

Help!!
Traveller594
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Traveller594 »

OK, I managed to get rid of the server error by changing the .htaccess file. There are now no relevant server errors. However, the Error 404 still appears every time an attempt is made to view a panorama.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, what happen, when you disable SEF in Global configuration of Joomla!?

Jan
Traveller594
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Traveller594 »

Thanks for your reply. I disabled SEF and the Error 404 disappears. The module used to display a slide show on the front page of my site is then shown in the Phocapanorama module!!! I don't understand how that can happen.

Do you have available a test panorama (.swf, .js etc etc) that I might use to prove the system?

Thanks
Traveller594
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Traveller594 »

An update - it's actually the site front page that is now being displayed in the Phocapanorama "panorama view" window. I suppose this suggests that my own panorama files are inadequate in some way??
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, hmm, what about javascript errors - check the console, maybe there will be some problem with javascript conflict :idea:
https://www.phoca.cz/documents/16-joomla ... -conflicts
Jan