Quality of the pictures

Phoca Photo - image gallery extension
lucamilani1973
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Quality of the pictures

Post by lucamilani1973 »

Hi all,
I am building a big photo gallery, based on thousand of images. I have seen that the main picture (and also the thumbnail) has not a great quality. Seems that Phoca reduce automatically the quality image during the creation of the gallery.
I have found some setting about the size of the image and the quality of the thumbnail, but the final result is always the same: bad quality pictures. Somebody can help me?
Luca
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Quality of the pictures

Post by Jan »

Hi, then you need to ask your webhosting providers. Thumbnails are made on your server, by the PHP - GD library. If you set in Phoca Gallery that e.g. the jpg should have the quality of 100% then such information is send to your PHP and GD library. Unfortunately, there is no way how Phoca Gallery can influence it. So you need to see your PHP and GD library settings :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
lucamilani1973
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by lucamilani1973 »

thanks a lot. But the quality of the main picture is reduced as well?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, no, Phoca Gallery does not have any feature to manage original images. If you upload it e.g. per ftp to your server, then Phoca Gallery uses it as source for creating thumbnails but it does not change the original image. It must stay unchanged because of many features (downloading original image, creating thumbnails, creating watermarks, etc. etc.)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project