TAG and Label do not store.

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
Robx61
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Re: TAG and Label do not store.

Post by Robx61 »

:D Jan, I found the solution... the problem is all in the bad translation into Italian which greatly confuses the intuitiveness of Phoca Cart. You gave me the idea when you wrote me about "Label". Only there I understood that the "Label" control panel item refers to the management of TAGs and Labels in the publishing options of the individual products. In the product tab itself it says "WRITE or select some options". WRITE doesn't work because there is no saving text anywhere in the database. While if you memorize the TAGs and labels in the appropriate section of Phoca Cart you can recall TAGS and labels in the product sheet. This is not mentioned anywhere! At least in the Italian translation... and this is not nice... There are other parts of Phoca Cart that are translated in a superficial and unclear way or are not translated at all in the options panel... my advice is to change the your translator... :evil: Customers generally don't have much patience and if they understand that something works badly or doesn't work it usually takes a few minutes to decide to change e-commerce support... I understand that your software is freeware but could spread much more if at least translated well... Anyway thanks for your efforts... :!:

Roberto
PS: write "Solved" :?:

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, unfortunately, I have no influence on the translations. We are in open source world, so here the following: "just replace translator" does not work :-( as there is no other. So the only way is that some italian user of Phoca Cart will check this translation and correct it. :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Robx61
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by Robx61 »

... I disagree, Jan, the open source world is governed by the fact that a translation must still be checked from the original source. Try to think that the translation of a language of your product that "works well" goes against its functionality to favor paid products. Suppose a particular company that produces a product like yours decides to translate yours in such a way that it appears "not working"... What do you do? Open source is regulated in such a way that whoever intervenes in a project does it constructively and makes it progress and all this must be evaluated by whoever is in charge of the project otherwise open source becomes chaos... find a translator best is my humble advice...

Roberto
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, the situation is following, mostly there is no translator and users use translation made by machine and mostly it is sufficient form them, even it is not perfect.

I don't speak italian, so when I get translation, I can check if it is somehow correct but I really cannot check for italian grammar, etc. So my work is:

- to check if the translation is not somehow abused
- to check if it is correct (no syntax errors)

- but I cannot check the grammar so it depends on italian users if they just left such translation or improve it.

Ok, lets agree that the best way is to find a translator. Even if there will be miracle, and some will be found, how can I check that the work of such translator was correct? I don't have any tools for this so this needs to be done by italian community.
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project