Product page - Basic fields modification

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
Pilip
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Product page - Basic fields modification

Post by Pilip »

Hello,

First of all thank you for all your work, you've made a great product.

I just downloaded Phoca Cart and I'm playing with it to meet my needs (book catalog). I would like to customize the standard fields of a product : I don't need all the "SKU", "UPC", "Serial Number", etc... but I need "Author", "Publication year", "Editor", etc...

I've seen similar questions/issues on the forum but I've not been able to find the solution I'm expecting. I've also looked at the documentation but didn't get it right I guess.

1) Is it possible to change the names of the current "basic fields" (SKU, UPC, EAN, etc...)
2) Is it possible to add new fields that would be displayed with the "basic fields" ?

Notes:
- Specifications : I've been able to add fields with the "Specifications" feature. It works and appears under a tab below the product, but it leaves a huge empty space beside the picture and it's not great.
- Parameters : I've been able to create parameters but it only creates a tag on the page, not field like I need.
- Custom fields : I managed to create some following the documentation (Additional product fields), but the result is the same than the Specifications : a new tab under the product.

My system info :
- Joomla : 4.1.5
- Template : Cassiopea (default)
- Phoca Cart : 4.0.2

Thank you for your help !
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Product page - Basic fields modification

Post by Benno »

Hi,
Is it possible to change the names of the current "basic fields" (SKU, UPC, EAN, etc...)
You can change SKU, UPC, EAN etc. to what ever you want, via language override.

Backend:

Frontend:

Kind regards,
Benno
Pilip
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Pilip »

Hello Benno,

Thank you very much for your answer, it's a simple yet effective way that works well. I couldn't change the fields titles in the back end but that'll do !
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
I couldn't change the fields titles in the back end but that'll do !
To display our SKU example also for backend views, you need these overrides:

Kind regards,
Benno