Payment and pricing display question

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
sirkai
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Payment and pricing display question

Post by sirkai »

Hi
Still finding my way around Cart. The product is really awesome (especially since it is free!), the documentation has room for improvement :)

a) Is there a way to have PayPal friends payment integrated or is it only for Paypal merchants ?
b) How do I configure a payment in advance modell ?
c) If I offer bank transfer for payment, how and where do I display bank account details (or any additional payment specific details) etc. ? Can this only be done via mail or within the payment description field ?
d) I have three prices configured, original, current and one (for vip) that is based on customer group. Can I show all three at the same time?
I want users to see all prices (normal and vip) but only use the one based on if they are normal or vip user group. I.e. I want to drive them to become VIP when they see the difference.
e) I installed german translation, is there a way to switch between german and english for the control center?

Thank you in advance!
Kai
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Payment and pricing display question

Post by Benno »

Hi,
e) I installed german translation, is there a way to switch between german and english for the control center?
Natürlich, dass ist Joomla! Standard. Control Center ist Backend also den Bereich Administrator für den Sprachwechsel wählen und dann die Sprache. Siehe Bild:

Freundliche Grüße,
Benno
sirkai
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by sirkai »

Danke Benno. Punkt erledigt:)
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Gerne!

Zu c) schau Dir mal diesen Thread an.
Bin mir nicht sicher, ob das genau das ist, was Du suchst, aber vielleicht hilft das ja schon etwas weiter..

Freundliche Grüße,
Benno
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

a) for now there is no such option, only standard PayPal payment (I am not PayPal expert, so I cannot say if the PayPal Friends and Family account allows payment for standard goods or services or if it is only assigned to some selected family members :idea: )
b) what do you mean with advanced modell?

d) as default there is no such option, so this needs to be customized directly in the code:
- you can add the prices e.g. as description - additional items will be added (no core hack)
- or you can display them loaded from the group price table (core hack needed - to load the prices from database and to display them below standard price) :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
sirkai
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by sirkai »

Hi Jan
Thx for getting back to the questions!

A) Understood.
b) Payment in advance, means that the buyer is presented with all information and then, once he does the purchase gets detailed information about the payment that can be done via transfer or anything else. So, for examle present then buyer bank account details that he needs to send the money before the order is being worked on. That relates to question C. How can I ensure this is shown to the user once the order is placed and the customer has choosen payment in advance. For now I assume this can only be done via email and no with pop-up etc?
I am unsure as to how I manage that the buyer gets the information only if he has choosen, payment in advance. Otherwise sending bank details and asking to submit money would make no sense.
d) Understood. So I have to go with the description field for now in hopeing the user will see it. However I would be interested if it is possible with custom code I pay for (display three prices based on user group.

Thx, Kai
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

b) this is similar to this topic: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=62208&p=165230#p165322 ... still under review - maybe there will be way to extend it by some description in payment options :idea:

d) as default, most advantageous price is displayed for customer but not all. For example, user is included in two groups with different prices, so he/she does not get displayed both prices but only the one which is more advantageous. Each user can see the price which suits his/her customer group.
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project