Multipage checkout

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
Evka18
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Multipage checkout

Post by Evka18 »

Hello guys!
My question here is about possibility of a multipage checkout process. I would like to have cart "frozen" (not editable) before asking for an address, shipping, payment etc... Is there a way to have it on multiple pages like a step by step confirmation?
Have someone done this? Is there any template working like this?
If not, I am ready to change code, but not sure I can do this without some hints from you.

Thanks a lot.
PS: I am impressed of Jan's work, phoca cart is really a nice looking and well administrable component!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Multipage checkout

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now, there is no such option as mostly the checkout went from multiple pages to one page checkout.

The only idea I have for now, is to hide not active elements on checkout page in checkout output. So, for example, if shipping is active, this means, then all other parts like payment or address are inactive. So hiding them and change the output to arrows or similar - to navigate between the parts - can be maybe a solution :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Evka18
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Evka18 »

I thought it will be something like this. So I will use CSS styling then to hide blocks in template.
However I am still curious why should I let user change cart after he had chosen shipping and payment method :/ But ok, I can live with that unless it makes an error in calculation :)

Thanks Jan
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

why should I let user change cart after he had chosen shipping and payment method
:-) Hard to say, this should be the question on general "trends" in checkout feature. I never analyzed why the standard "step by step checkout" was changed to "one page checkout". Maybe to make the checkout faster, maybe to let customer see all the data at once, so he/she can easily control them. :idea:
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project