Shipping and zip code

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
Ubirajara
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Shipping and zip code

Post by Ubirajara »

Hi,

I am am an old joomla user, but new to Phoca Cart, which is great, thank you to developers.

I live in Brazil and, like many other countries, adresses and postal services work under the logic of:

- Country
- State/Province
- City
- Zip Code (for streets, buildings, special addresses, etc.)

Mail services uses Zip codes to set their prices based on weight and/or the size of packs.

So, there are thousands of zip codes and each zip code has it's own price per Kg or cubic volume.

Many other stores have this kind of approach, but I can not understand or discover how to manage it in Phoca Cart.

Please, consider that I have all the prices, zip codes, states, and cities in SQL tables and can insert them directly to the database. So, these data are not a problem for me.

The question is:

How can I manage this kind of approach in order to show and compute freights/shipment costs to the final customer under it's shoppping cart?

Best regards,

Ubirajara Escudero

Tags:
Ubirajara
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Shipping and zip code

Post by Ubirajara »

Complimenting it looks that just adding a Zip code rule could solve this problem. Is this right?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Shipping and zip code

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now, there is no ZIP rule in shipping method (only country, region or zone rule), I will add this feature to some of the next version.

https://github.com/PhocaCz/PhocaCart/issues/102

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project