Misleading error when typo in Stripe card exp or CVV

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
Alexander
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Misleading error when typo in Stripe card exp or CVV

Post by Alexander »

Sorry, it's me again. I'm currently testing everything ...

I noticed that with Stripe (Nornnext) when I enter a wrong expiry date or wrong CVV I get the error message:

"Your card does not support this type of purchase"

This is a little misleading in the above case. Does anyone know where I can change that? I looked at the language files of Phoca and Nornnext but could not find it. I would like to change it maybe to:
"Your card does not support this type of purchase or you mistyped the expiry date or CVV"

I also noticed that the error message only comes in English language. A German version would be nice ;)

Kind regards

Alexander
dmlwebal
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Re: Misleading error when typo in Stripe card exp or CVV

Post by dmlwebal »

Hi Alexander

I think that this issue is specific to Norr Next's plugin. Have you tried their support forum? It's pretty good

You may get an answer here, but maybe a faster, better one from the plugin's author.

Regards
David
Alexander
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by Alexander »

Hi David

Great idea, thank you! I'll try Norrnext, they really have a good support. As I did not find the string in either language files (Norrnext or Phoca) maybe it's hidden in parts somewhere in the Stripe Plugin code.

Thank you for your help!

By the way, is there a way I can mark a topic as "solved" here in this forum? For me, most of my topics are solved and some turned into Feature Requests. It would be nice to see in this forum which topics really are solved (just some). Unfortunatey, most have no status.

Alexander
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

@ Alexander,
By the way, is there a way I can mark a topic as "solved" here in this forum?
This can be done by admin or moderators only. Just post: This thread is solved and we will mark it as solved.

Kind regards,
Benno