PayPal and Stripe payments always return "Confirmed"

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
Alexander
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

PayPal and Stripe payments always return "Confirmed"

Post by Alexander »

Hi
I have PayPal default and Stripe from Norrnext. I have set in both payment modules that only Order Status Completed results in "Completed" payments. All other order statuses should return "Cancelled". Now if I cancel the Stripe Payment or the PayPal payment I always get "Completed" status and an invoice is sent to the customer. I can cancel PayPal before I even log into to PayPal or within the PayPal window. Strangely, Phoca Cart somehow gets the information that the payment process has been cancelled because I get a System Message in my Phoca Online Shop that says Payment has been cancelled. So the information is around but the order process somehow does not get it. In the system log I don't see any cancelled message for PayPal and for Stripe I get at least "payment_intent.created, User: Anonymous".

What am I doing wrong? Any help?

Alexander

Tags:
dmlwebal
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Re: PayPal and Stripe payments always return "Confirmed"

Post by dmlwebal »

Hi Alexander

Phoca is set up to acknowledge the attempt to pay as Pending at first, so once the user starts the payment process, the cart flags the order with this status. On confirmation or completion then the cart flags the order.

So try setting them up this way:

https://imgur.com/a/mAMQJOi

I usually set up the stock to decrement on Completion and leave all others equal. This combo serve me well on 3 sites

Also, I set up an email to go out on Pending, this lets the customer know that an order payment is starting, and that another email will arrive on order becoming Complete.

Then set the email after Completion to let them know that the payment was successful.

Regards
David
Alexander
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by Alexander »

Hi David
thank you for the answer and support. My setup is like yours. I was just a little irritated that an email was sent to the customer and I could not find in any of the logs that the transaction had been cancelled. I only get cancelled when I already have reached PayPal and cancel there.

I can live with that. Thanks again for your help!

Alexander
Alexander
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by Alexander »

Thank you, this thread can be marked as solved

Alexander
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero