Phocacart Users

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
piranha
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Phocacart Users

Post by piranha »

I assumed Phocacart would just pull in my existing Joomla users when I selected CUSTOMERS in the dashboard. Every time I select CUSTOMERS different users show up there (usually 2 or 3 at a time). I have about 55 users/customers but they all don't show. Is there a way to sync my Joomla Users/Customers?

Thanks.
dmlwebal
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Re: Phocacart Users

Post by dmlwebal »

Hi

Customers and Users are slightly different

Users is a list of every account registered in Joomla
Customers are Phoca Cart Users that have some activity in the shopping component

So all Customers are Users but not all Users are Customers

However, what you describe still seems odd behaviour.

Did you install Phoca Cart onto an existing Joomla website so as to expand into ecommerce?

Regards

David
piranha
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by piranha »

So I disabled j2store - is there a way to "import" customers? They all exist as standard joomla users in my database.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, there is no import function. The difference between user and customer is just that customers somehow interacted in Phoca Cart - e.g. made the order - so, if you have user on your site and such user didn't order something in Phoca Cart or didn't add something into Phoca Cart cart, then such user is not listed in customer list - but still there is no different database of users and customers in Phoca Cart - customers only extend users - e.g. if customer makes order, he/she added billing or shipping address - so the difference between customer and user is, there are some more data stored which were added by users when ordering. But still, all Phoca Cart customers are Joomla! users (except guest users) so if you need to work with the users, you can use the users database.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
dmlwebal
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by dmlwebal »

Hi

There may be some way via sql, but I would advise using an extension

This older one: https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... for-j2xml/

there is a review posted in 2020 so the code is perhaps still ok

There is a commercial solution but be aware that it requires 2 steps and 2 plugins!

1) https://www.ukrsolution.com/Joomla/Expo ... l-CSV-File

2) https://www.ukrsolution.com/Joomla/Impo ... l-CSV-File

However, if your j2store was running on the same Joomla installation then the Users should already exist. I'm guessing you created a whole new Phoca Cart based site.

Regards
David
piranha
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by piranha »

No, I essentially added Phocacart, recreated products, modules, menu items, discounts, shipping and purchased a new stripe extension. I then disabled J2Store (I will remove once Phocacart is fully functional).

So is Phocacart somehow tagging the users in my Joomla database if they interacted with Phocacart? If so, can I somehow add data to my existing customers (that are my Joomla users) so Phocacart recognizes them as "customers"?

If not, I can just export my old customers and manually add them to Phocacart I guess.
dmlwebal
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by dmlwebal »

Ah, no

Your existing Joomla Users become customers by interacting with the Phoca Cart store, so by adding a login form your existing users can login using their original details.

New site users that create accounts will be added to Joomla Users.

As they start to buy, or add products to cart etc. then Phoca Cart will automatically record their activity in the Customers section.
If you enable Guest Checkout, no details are included, because Guest checkout records the order and submitted name and address data, but does not create a Customer. It is designed this way.

So, good news is, you don't have to do anything.

You can test it by creating a registered user in Joomla and using the details to create a dummy order.

Then you will see the activity of the registered user in Customers.

Regards
David
piranha
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by piranha »

OK thank you.