POS product selection not working

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: POS product selection not working

Post by Jan »

Hi, usually, when someone starts with the translation, it is easier to let Google Translate translate the text and then only correct it. Usually I can prepare such machine translation and then translators can work on it. The problem is, Google Translate does not translate to Serbian Latin only to Serbian Cyrillic :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Nidzo
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by Nidzo »

After while I started using method you mentioned with Google translate and corrections.
Google translate offers latin translation under cyrillic translation box. It helps much. I translated 1000 lines in Notepad ++ so far. Over 2000 to go 😀
What do you mean when you say that you can prepare such machine translation?
If it can help bring it to me ☺️
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

With help of Google Translator, I can do the machine translation at all - so it means, it is fully translated to specific language - but it is machine translation and needs to be corrected (but mostly correction is much easier than translating).

The problem is, Google Translator displays latin translation but not when whole documents are translated. E.g. if I do the french translation:

Google leave the translation strings unchanged (in English) and translate only the text.

But if I do the same with Serbian language:

Google translate only makes the cyrillic version and it even translates the language strings which should not be translated - so this translation cannot be used for correction :-(

See the same with Czech language:

The translation strings stay unchanged and only text is translated. So there are two problems with Serbian language: 1) no latin version, 2) translation strings are overwritten (not translated) to cyrillic :-(

Jan
Nidzo
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by Nidzo »

Understood! Never mind, I will finish translation. Thank you for explaining me.
In serbian language there are a lot words that have same or similar meanings.I pay attention on that so everything can make sense.
Regards!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok