Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
jpeters
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

selling product specific start / end date

Post by jpeters »

Hello,
i need a option to offer products for a specific period
After that period the product can not be ordered anymore.. handling of the placed order must stil be possible.
the products are sold first, then based on the sold products the will be ordered at the vendor, packaged and sent to the customer (after order period)..

i don't see any options for this, correct?.. of not possible, then a feature request for publish / unpublish .. or at least selling period.
dmlwebal
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Re: selling product specific start / end date

Post by dmlwebal »

Hi,

This request makes sense, and I think it *should* be a case of adding an 'end publishing' date field with the requisite code behind the scenes.
The current publish options resolve down to individual products so there may not be great deal to add to the existing admin.

This is something that I will take a look at next week also ( I have a UK ecommerce project that needs my full attention this week) however it would be an unofficial customisation as part of my own PHP project/Joomla work or portfolio.

Just so you know, Phoca Cart is just one of the many extensions that Jan develops and supports, he also works a full time job too! So it is up to the Phoca Cart user community to help out either by outsourcing some work and making it part of the collective or wait for Jan to apply them. With his innate knowledge of the system and high standards for clean code output Jan provides he does do an amazing job, but we either get it fast, or we get it right ;)

Regards

David
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: selling product specific start / end date

Post by Jan »

The basic question is, if it is enough to only add publish start and publish end? I don't think that having such system is enough, so yes, I even think, this is much more a specific feature for specific type of ecommerce, so maybe it is better to do it as customization which then can meet the specific ecommerce needs. :idea:

There is similar feature with opening times but this is applied to all products.

Usually, in ecommerce there is no limit for ordering products and you just write that e.g. the item is not on the stock and you set that stock status that it will be on stock e.g. in 2 - 3 weeks.

I have even seen that there were stock statuses like "delivery date unknown", so you will say your customer, the item is not on stock, you don't know if it will be but if the customer still wants to order it even he/she knows it can never happen, why not?

But it really depends on individuall needs, so maybe this is really some feature which needs to be done a customized feature :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project