wizarddesign
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Re: many problems with phoca cart

Post by wizarddesign »

oh!!!!
so this is just a payment fee!
I see now!
The word price is used for item price, but fee is the money which the banks take to do the transaction.
This is actually useful. I will just change the wording to fee.

Thanks a lot :D 8)

Tags:
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
just create a language override:

Is this thread solved now?

Kind regards,
Benno
wizarddesign
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by wizarddesign »

I would say yes.
My No.1 problem is already posted in another post: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=61972
My No.2 problem is focused here about the payment fee misunderstanding.
My No. 3 problem was more of a comment for phoca team consideration and I solved it with some CSS manipulation.
My No4. problem can be posted later in another forum post.

Thank you all.
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

You're welcome!

Kind regards,
Benno
David-Spring
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by David-Spring »

Benno and Sohrab,
I had a concern about the solution proposed by Benno of using a Language Override to change the word Price to Fee. The problem is that if that constant “PRICE” was used elsewhere, and used correct as price, then other areas of the website that should use Price would incorrectly use the word fee.

I also felt that the phrase Payment Price was simply incorrect and that a new constant called PAYMENT FEE should be created – so that this misunderstanding would not occur in the future with other users.

So I unzipped the Phoca Cart Component 3.5.4 and opened the main Language file which is in the Admin > Language folder.
To my surprise, it looked like there already was a constant called PAYMENT FEE. I therefore ran a sandbox transaction using the default Protostar template and sure enough, Payment Fee was used and not Payment Price!

https://imgur.com/KaC2RnC

I then went to the Premiere theme DEMO site and did a sandbox transaction. As Sohrab noted earlier, the Premiere Demo site used the words “Payment Price.”

I wondered if the template overrode the Payment Fee constant for some reason. So I installed Gantry 5 Framework and the Premiere template and ran a sandbox transaction on my test site. Interestingly, the Premiere template used the words “Payment Fee”

https://imgur.com/EAwG8fx

This has led me to the conclusion that the Premiere DEMO site is not using the latest version of Phoca Cart. I also think that perhaps Sohrab is also not using the latest version of Phoca Cart.

If this is the case, I would recommend that rather than creating a language override that might create problems on other areas of the site (now or in the future), that Sohrab and whoever runs the Premiere DEMO site both update to Phoca Cart 3.5.4.

I also checked all of this with the Developer version of 3.5.5 and the next version of Phoca Cart also uses Payment Fee as a constant and does not use Payment Price. So, while I like using Language Overrides to solve some problems, in this case, I think it is better to simply update the Phoca Cart component.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

only some info regarding payment price.

In fact, it is not called fee but it is called payment price and this is generally the price for the payment and it can get different formats.

Even, it can be different to the payment fee. For example PayPal has some fee but you will charge customer for selected payment with a price which will include the payment fee and another part for covering another costs.

For example: Payment Price = PayPal Fee + your costs assigned to this payment method.

The payment price can also be with or without tax:

so the string "payment price" ist just a general string which can cover different situations and it can be easily customized for shop needs (if it is much more understandable as fee then the easiest way is the one Benno has written in previous post).

The 'COM_PHOCACART_PAYMENT_FEE' constant is used for real payment fee set e.g. by PayPal which can be different to payment price ('COM_PHOCACART_PAYMENT_PRICE').

So:
COM_PHOCACART_PAYMENT_FEE - payment fee - e.g. Paypal fee
COM_PHOCACART_PAYMENT_PRICE - payment price - price for the payment which can be easily changed to "Fee" if needed in language override.

(conflict with real payment fee is one of many reasons, why the constant is called: COM_PHOCACART_PAYMENT_PRICE. Having the constant name COM_PHOCACART_PAYMENT_FEE will conflict with real fee set by Payment Gateways).

The language constant COM_PHOCACART_PAYMENT_PRICE is used only for this price/fee/costs so yes, like David-Spring wrote, it will change the string in different places (e.g. in checkout, in invoices, receipts, etc.) but the constant is assigned only to this price, so even it changes on different places, it is still one the same item.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
David-Spring
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by David-Spring »

Jan,
Thank you for the clarification. This is clearly a very complex topic and I agree that Price is different from Fee and that one can have both a Pay Pal price and a Pay Pal fee. But I still think there must be something wrong with Sohrab's Phoca Cart component - because she said that the version number to her Phoca Cart component was not indicated in her Control Panel - the space where the version goes was blank. I am using version 3.5.4 and it is clearly indicated as such in my control panel. Also, her Check Out screen shots were different from my screen after we followed the same steps. Perhaps all she needs to do is fix or update the database. But I would be very suspect of any Phoca Cart component that did not indicate the version number in the control panel. I would be interested in knowing if Sohrab had updated from some previous version or had done a re-install. Otherwise, how can there be no version number in the control panel?
Regards,
David
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,
Otherwise, how can there be no version number in the control panel?
Really hard to say, this can be caused by not getting the information about the version form Joomla! system (the version is stored in Joomla! for update information).

So yes, even from other sohrab330 posts it is clear, there went something wrong with update - so parts of the system were not updated right and this can make a lot of problems. :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project