Shipping / Billing Address

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
TechMistress
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Shipping / Billing Address

Post by TechMistress »

Hello,

I have my shipping charges based on the shipping address. This works fine.
However, if a customer clicks on the "same as billing" box, the shipping is no longer works.

I think the system is basically "erasing" the shipping address to make them both the same when the box is clicked and shipping calculator sees it as no shipping address, so has no shipping charges.

Is there a fix for this, or should I just remove the checkbox manually from the code?

Thank you.

Tags:
TechMistress
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Re: Shipping / Billing Address

Post by TechMistress »

PROBLEM:
If Admin selects to use shipping address as base for shipping charges and customer selects the "same as billing address" check box during checkout, then NO shipping charges are applied.

Is there a fix for this?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, thank you for the info, I will add new parameter to next version, to completely remove this checkbox for situation like this.

This needs to be done in HTML but even in the part where the form is managed.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

In next version it will be possible to disable the form field in options:

And it will be possible to set that the shipping rule can be e.g. based on shipping address and when the shipping address will be empty then from billing address (current parameters Shipping Country Rule and Payment Country Rule will be extended):

Jan
TechMistress
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by TechMistress »

I really don't think this is a feature request, it's something that is BROKEN on the software.
If someone chooses the "same as billing", then the billing information should be filled in with that information - NOT deleted and break the shipping costs.

Do you see what I mean? I only have to remove it because it's broken. There are times when they will be the same for many people, but that shouldn't break the shipping calculation.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, it was marked as "feature request", because the following features were implemented in version 3.5.5:

If shipping or payment method is based on shipping address:

1) in version 3.5.5 it is possible to force filling shipping address with help of disabling "same as billing address" checkbox

or:

2) if country or region will be not set in shipping address, the shipping or payment method rule can be based on billing address country or region (with different combinations like first see if there is country or region in shipping address and if not then see if it is in billing address)

The system is very variable and different for different needs:

a) country rule can be based on billing address
b) country rule can be based on shipping address
c) country rule can be based on billing address - if there is no billing then on shipping address
d) country rule can be based on shipping address - if there is no shippping then on billing address
e) country rule can be set on shipping address (country or region field is required) it cannot be disabled per "same as billing address" form field

The same is valid for region rule.

So there is a plenty of different options how to use the country or region rule.

If someone chooses the "same as billing", then the billing information should be filled in with that information - NOT deleted and break the shipping costs.
If someone chooses the "same as billing" and the country or region will be not set specially for shipping then the billing country or region is selected for calculating the shipping costs. Nothing is deleted from billing data.

If this value is set: Based on Customer Shipping Address (if empty then Billing Address), then there is no break for shipping costs.

Example: Shipping method only works for Australia. Users set the Australia country for billing address and then clicks on "shipping is the same as billing address". So the shipping method is displayed based on billing address.

Now I don't understand why it should not be based on billing address if there is no shipping address?

Or maybe I don't understand what do you exactly mean?

1)

2)

3)

4)

Jan
TechMistress
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by TechMistress »

Alright, I get the direction you're coming from. Seems harder than just having the checkmark fillin the form.
For now, I'll go ahead and remove the checkmark.

Thank you for your time! :)
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, this should be ready in version 3.5.5:
https://www.phoca.cz/news/1111-phoca-ca ... a-released

The similar rule is applied to variables.

Variables which are displayed in emails or descriptions can have more formats. Example: In previous version it was only possible to display first name as following variables:

{b_name_first} ... First name set in billing address is displayed.
{s_name_first} ... First name set in shipping address is displayed.

As of version 3.5.5, the following formats can be used:

{b_name_first} ... First name set in billing address is displayed.
{s_name_first} ... First name set in shipping address is displayed.
{bs_name_first} ... First name set in billing address is displayed. If it does not exist then first name set in shipping address will be displayed.
{sb_name_first} ... First name set in shipping address is displayed. If it does not exist then first name set in billing address will be displayed.