Two payment methods, only one works

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
escafandra
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Two payment methods, only one works

Post by escafandra »

Hello,

I have two payment methods configured in my site, PayPal and Stripe as default.

Stripe works fine, but even if a customer selects PayPal as payment method the site takes you to Stripe´s .../phocacart/payment.html page.

How can I make PayPal payment method work as well? The site in case you want see for your self is https://www.jcmackintosh.es/tienda-online.html

Thank you very much,
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Two payment methods, only one works

Post by Jan »

Hi, testing now, with test data, I don't see any problem to select PayPal and use PayPal :idea:

BTW - test the loading of Bootstrap and Javascript libraries, it seems like some of the libraries are loaded twice (e.g. when popup is displayed, it is displayed twice, etc.)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
escafandra
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by escafandra »

Jan wrote: 02 Sep 2020, 13:43 BTW - test the loading of Bootstrap and Javascript libraries, it seems like some of the libraries are loaded twice (e.g. when popup is displayed, it is displayed twice, etc.)

Jan
How do I do this? I tried using Paypal and it worked. I tried again using Stripe and I was redirected to Paypal. Maybe loading Bootstrap and Javascrip libraries solves this issue. I wonder why they are not being loaded already. Is there any backfire by using them?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

loading Bootstrap and Javascript libraries twice has negative desigen effect, it is not related to problems with payment methods.

Try to somehow test your cache settings in browser or test it with another browser, I am testing it on your site and when I select PayPal, it just redirects to PayPal, so for me, everything is Ok there :idea:

Jan
escafandra
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by escafandra »

Hello Jan,

I have tested in Safari, Firefox and Chrome. In all those three browsers I get the same result. I have to clear Joomla´s cache in order for the error not to happen. If I don´t clear Joomla´s cache and I select one form of payment, and then I go back and repeat the process and choose another form of payment, I am redirected to the first form of payment.

This is not good, because it blocks one form of payment. Say for example a customer decides to change the selected form of payment and goes back to purchase again, they won't be able to buy using their chosen form of payment. How can I solve this? Thank you,
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

Phoca Cart does not have any cache which somehow stores the information about used payment method. I am testing it - and get no such problem. After each order, all session data (except login) are removed so when making new order, new selection of payment method needs to be done.

I have done the order on your site and it was just OK there, the PayPal worked OK ... :idea: so hard to say what can be wrong there :idea:

Jan
escafandra
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by escafandra »

Thank you Jan, just to confirm, were you able to reach both PayPal and Stripe after doing two orders from the same computer one after the other? For some reason, the system is not registering your attempts to purchase, but mine are being registered in the Orders window.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

I see now, the Stripe selection goes always to PayPal, which can mean wrong parameters in Stripe Payment method.

Can you paste a screenshot of your payment options (administration) of the stripe method?

Jan
escafandra
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by escafandra »

Thank you Jan, please find the screenshots here https://imgur.com/a/VUu8oFH
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, hmm, can I see your administration (if yes, just send me PM with access)?

Jan