How to create Coupon Codes on POS only

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
dmlwebal
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

How to create Coupon Codes on POS only

Post by dmlwebal »

I am attempting to set up the following for POS only but there seems to be a problem with 'Access Levels'

Coupon Codes

I need to set up certain coupon codes that are ONLY valid in POS - to allow store POS staff to enter a Coupon code for in store transactions but must not be available for online transactions.
So I am trying to achieve this in the following way

POS access is set for Super Users only (via Joomla Menu Access Level) - the store owner logs into the till position for the staff
Phoca Cash payments is set up for POS only - that is ok

But now start the problems
Phoca Cash payments - when Payment -> Access is set to Super User (to match POS access) the payment option does not display - only works when set to Guest or Public

Coupon Codes - when Access is set to Super Users - again to match POS login level - the coupon code field is not available. But it is visible if I set it to Guest or Public. However when I try to apply the Coupon Code even when visible at Guest or Public Level it will show a message like this
Coupon Added
Payment method successfully selected
Data stored

But the coupon amount is not applied to the cart total

Everything works if POS Menu Access is set to Public
Payment Method is set to Public
Coupon Code is set to Public

I thought that by matching the Access levels I would be able to achieve the result needed.

So question 1) why is my method not working and Question 2) Is there a way to achieve Coupon codes for POS only?

Regards
David

Tags:
dmlwebal
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Re: How to create Coupon Codes on POS only

Post by dmlwebal »

After taking another look, I believe that the solution may be to allow Common/Online ShopOnly/POS Only Option for Coupon Codes

Then, as access to POS can be assigned to specific users and Payments types assigned to Common/Online ShopOnly/POS then the logic is more clear.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, all rights are managed directly for user concerned.

So if super user or any other vendor ads a coupon in POS, it is not checked for super user or vendor rights but for customer rights - if the customer has rights to get the coupon sale.

So if user has rights to apply coupon - he/she can do this in eshop or it is be done for him/her in POS by vendor.

:idea:
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
dmlwebal
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Re: How to create Coupon Codes to redeem in POS only

Post by dmlwebal »

Hi Jan

I now understand that the way the question has been asked may have confused the matter. So this has now been edited

Ok, so in short - what I am looking for is a Coupon Code that is only available to redeem in POS checkout. Not in the e-store

Is that possible in current Phoca Cart POS?

Regards
David
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now, unfortunately, there is no such option :-(

Jan
dmlwebal
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by dmlwebal »

Ok Jan

Thanks for the fast reply. I thought that there may be a combination of a existing logic that may allow it :)

This option would be great for in store only checkout discounts as it allows some flexibility on face to face transactions. Of course, the coupon code would appear on the till receipt so it would need to be made unavailable on web store transactions.

My idea is to generate Coupons from £0.01 to £50.00 each with a matching Coupon Code of DISC0.01 -> DISC50.00
Then at the till, if a customer order is, for example 492.23, then the POS operator has codes available to reduce the sale amount by any amount between £0.01 and £50.00
In this example, Applying DISC15.23 would take the amount to £475.00

A more logical method would be to create Coupon Codes to reduce sale price on POS by the following ranges
0.01 to 0.99
And allow them to 'stack'
But the vital function is to isolate their use to POS only.

Given that the Payment Methods allow the Super User to specify Common/Online Store Only/POS Only, is it possible to request this feature be made available to Coupon Codes? I am making the assumption that adding this condition may be the simplest way to apply the function from a developer's aspect.

Even if others do not wish to attempt exactly what I need to achieve, the ability to separate In-store and e-store Coupons may still be very useful.
For example, one of my clients uses physical store vouchers during seasonal sales - to encourage in-store purchases. The method I have suggested would also allow the paper voucher to be redeemed via Phoca POS.

This is a common practice in the UK, I'm certain it must be the case for other regions also.

Regards
David
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, I have added it to feature reqeust list (having type of coupn - shop or pos)

Jan
dmlwebal
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by dmlwebal »

Thank you, once again, Jan :)
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, added to version 3.5.4 (coupon type - eshop or POS):
https://www.phoca.cz/news/1101-phoca-ca ... 4-released

Jan
dmlwebal
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by dmlwebal »

Excellent, thank you Jan. This is really useful and I appreciate your letting me know.

I did notice the update come through on one of my e-commerce sites while in the Admin.
Regards
David