Shipping rules problems

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
gepponline
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Shipping rules problems

Post by gepponline »

Hi,
I need to set up some shipping rules based on shipping countries or regions, but it's not clear to me if it's possible or not.
At the moment i have only one shipping method.
I saw the TAB "Country Rule" and "Region Rule" but I can't figure out How to use it.
I can select a Country and activate the rule, and then? What the rule does? How to set another rule for another country?
Can someone help me?
I did not find nothing on the documentation about it.
thank you!

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Shipping rules problems

Post by Jan »

Hi, the country or region rule just means that the whole shipping method will be applied to selected country(ies) or region(s)

See example:

This means, that the shipping rule will be only offered when the customer comes from Germany: Bayern or Niedersachsen.

You can set different costs for different shipping methods. So for each region where the shipping costs are different you set new shipping method with active region rule:

Shipping Method A) will have active region rule, e.g. Bayern, Niedersachsen
Shipping Method B) will have acitve region rule, e.g. Berlin

So if user set own address and it is Berlin, the shipping method B) will be offered for this user (including e.g. other price as shipping method A) has)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
gepponline
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by gepponline »

Ok, Crystal clear!
Thanks!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok
gepponline
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by gepponline »

Ok, I have a couple of questions.
I have to set different shipping costs for different quantity and different country.
Let's start from one single Country.
I have 11 different costs based on the quantity:
To do so I set country rule active to the specific country and I created 11 different shipping voice manually for each quantity rule.
So first of all, Is there a way to duplicate a shipping voice so I can create 11 shipping voice at once and modify only the quantity?
Then, I should create the same 11 quantity voice for each country. SHould I have to do manually for every voices?

Or is there a better way to fit my needs?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now, there is no such option - to batch (copy/move) current shipping methods.

So the solution is:
- to do manually
- to somehow consolidate the methods so there are not so much rules
- or to write own shipping plugin which will manage it better and easier way :idea:

Jan
immcom
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by immcom »

Hello Jan, I would like to reopen this topic.

So, I have 4 Geozones, each include countries, e.g. EU geozone include 27 countries.
Shipping costs depend on the weight (from 0.5kg to 60kg, step = 0.5KG) in all 120 rows.

Using the proposed method, means creating only for EU 27 * 120 = 3240 shipping methods?

It already becomes unreal to do. Why not use a table-based method? In this way we will have in total (in my case) 4 shipping methods that will take the data from DB multiplied by the total weight of the cart.

it's possible to do it? Or some suggestion? We can use phpMyadmin temporarily (it's urgent), but how to make the scripts (plugin)?
Thanks!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, creating so much combination with standard methods is not real. This is why it should be solved by plugin.

No, it is not enough to use phpMyAdmin, this really needs to be written as plugin (there must be administration options for such kind of plugin, and frontend even to display its output)

Unfortunately, I didn't do such modification yes, so I have no clue advices for this. I will try to see some information regarding this but for now I can only cooperate when somebody will decide to write such plugin :idea:

Jan