How to add a reseller in phoca cart

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
Cliffdiver
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

How to add a reseller in phoca cart

Post by Cliffdiver »

Hallo, I am new to phoca cart but found nearly everything what I needed for the shop.
First I have to say: GREAT WORK. Really functional and intuitive shop!!!!!
I want to set up a webpage for selling loads of athlete pictures.
What I can't find in your really perfect shop system, is the possibility to create resellers who earn a certain amount if a picture of them is bought.

for example.
Reseller 1: 100 pictures in the shop. 10 pictures get sold. He earns xxx€
Reseller 2: 40 pictures in the shop. 2 pictures get sold. He earns xxx€
and so on.

I found the manufacturers, but there is no possibility to get the total amount of sold pictures per manufacturer.
Thanks
Chris
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: How to add a reseller in phoca cart

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now, unfortunately, there is no such option.

Products include database column for user ID or vendor ID (in Phoca Cart you can set vendors for POS)

I can take a look at such option in the future but need to know more info about such feature.

If I understand it correctly:

- In product edit - user or vender will be selected and assigned to the product
- if the product will be sold - the order is just stored with information about user/vendor
- then in reports there will be statistics about sale including this info?

Most probably it is good to not mix users (some who sell and some who buy), so it is better to use vendors)

The problem is then all reports function are based on total amount so what happened when user buys two products from different vendors/manufacturers, this seems to be a problem for reports function which then need some extra functions to separate amounts, etc. :idea:

BUT this still means, the products will be added by administrator in administration. To build completely multivendor feature including the frontend administration for vendors, this is very huge feature which is not planned yet.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Cliffdiver
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Cliffdiver »

Thanks for your reply.
Yes it sounds like a lot of work.

Is there a possibility to override backend helpers, models etc. like 1.) create a folder "override" in models and create a file with the identic name of the file to override. In the file i write something like

Code: Select all

class PhocaCartCpModelPhocacartStatisticsOverrideStatistics extends PhocaCartCpModelPhocacartStatistics
{
some scripting
}
the override folder would be in administrator\components\com_phocacart\models\override\
Would this work?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, no, you can override only tmpl outputs e.g. per template overrides in Joomla! To override e.g. admin classes, this needs to be customized directly in the code. So you can write own class but you even need to modify the parts where they are called :-(

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project