POS and PhocaCart - Deposits and Overwrite Price Feature Request

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
dmlwebal
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

POS and PhocaCart - Deposits and Overwrite Price Feature Request

Post by dmlwebal »

Hi,

1) Deposit or part payment - allows a percentage or fixed amount to be paid of the balance. This could be like a discount but allows sale of product (alters stock) but remaining balance is calculated and sent to the user and admin as email. Perhaps it could prevent shipping too.

I have a booking site that sells package courses and other solutions are too complex for my client's needs. However, your Phoca Cart, Maps and Gallery with plugins present his products and services perfectly. So with this extra functionality I have a full solution.

2) POS is great but would it be possible to allow the final price to be edited live at point of sale? This would require recalculate but perhaps re submit to the same page. For example plugin allows edit total price facility on screen which when enabled would allow submit of new price to recalculate total and tax. Difference could be added as a negative number (with tax rule applied same as discount and labelled as manual price).

At sales desk, customers often ask or negotiate discount verbally with sales person, can enhance sales especially during holiday seasons.

I would pay for these facilities if we can negotiate a fee.

Regards

David

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: POS and PhocaCart - Deposits and Overwrite Price Feature Request

Post by Jan »

Hi,

1) for now there is no such option, added to feature request list.

2) this is very problematic part because of recalculating all the items in cart (because of VAT rules). Setting own price can be problematic when managing VAT, so maybe some better function can be somehow add own specific discount to the price :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
dmlwebal
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by dmlwebal »

Hi Jan

I understand, thank you for taking a look anyhow Jan. I see that these options are available in a similar cart on another platform. I may be able to copy their method across as a plugin. It would be a good exercise, even if a little ambitious for me!
Of course I wish to still use Phoca Cart but I understand also that you cannot work on everything alone :)

Regards
David
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
dmlwebal
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by dmlwebal »

Thank you for adding the part payment option as a feature request. This can make Phoca Cart a useful booking and rental system too. Also great for ecommerce with more expensive items, such as vehicles or larger home electronics.

Regards

David

PS I did suggest that you charge for your products, but perhaps it may be better to take a support subscription instead? This way your products still grow in popularity but you get paid for your time too.