Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Guest User checkout - not possible?

Post by Jan »

dmlwebal
Ok
123Chilly
How real is that you sell something to someone without any data added? Like enabling the checkout for all the bots and spammers to go through the checkout without leaving any data?

If Guest does not leave any data and uses the guest checkout, who is your customer then?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project

Tags:
123Chilly
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by 123Chilly »

Hi Jan,

well maybe i need to explain that?

If Guest user checks out yes, we need ANY data, at least eMail, to define customer access.
But for as now phocaCart ONLY makes it possible to ADD or DISABLE certain fields while checking out. Right?

So if i disable all other fields, except the eMail, that i of cause is needed also from a customer with Guest checkout, then those fields are disabled for ALL types of customers.
That is not approbiate, as if i have a customer that buys something physical and shippable (like a physical book for example no DOWNLOAD), then i have no chance to get any data from this customer, as all fields are disbabled, except the emailadress.
See my problem?

That is why i was suggesting to you changing the structure of phocaCart.
As if you could make it possible for the admin to define a PRODUCT within phocaCart that says "you are a tangible (=downloadable) product, Guest Checkout MAY be choosen by the customer.
If then another product will be defined as SHIPPABLE product then Admin may be able to define DATA nessesary for shipping adress = NO Guest User checkout possible. You get my point?

THAT was my suggestion and that is making it possible to distinguish between two different types of products, WITH or WITHOUT Guest User checkout.

Did i explain clearly for you to understand?
Best regards... Chris
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, I understand, the problem is, there can be a lot of different combinations, like what just happens when user select two different products? One for download, second physical. What happens, when user wants to go from guest checkout to standard registered checkout. Mostly if you sell something, there is no difference between guest checkout and registered checkout regarding invoice or receipt - both users just need to get the same invoice/receipt - it just does not depends on whay they do a checkout.

But as I wrote, I have added it to feature request list, so I will take a look at it.

Jan
123Chilly
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by 123Chilly »

Jan wrote: 18 Dec 2019, 17:07 Hi, yes, I understand, the problem is, there can be a lot of different combinations, like what just happens when user select two different products? One for download, second physical. What happens, when user wants to go from guest checkout to standard registered checkout. Mostly if you sell something, there is no difference between guest checkout and registered checkout regarding invoice or receipt - both users just need to get the same invoice/receipt - it just does not depends on whay they do a checkout.

But as I wrote, I have added it to feature request list, so I will take a look at it.

Jan
Hi Jan, well i understand.

Of course you´re right that it would be possible that a user wants to change his way of buying while beeing in the cart.
But that would be easy to channelize by just restricting that. IF a user wants to checkout as GuestUser THAT is first choice, so no more registered Buy will be possible, instead just a message pops up.

Again my idea was to channelize that thru the defination of the KIND of PRODUCTS that the Admin had defined before in the backend.
Product 1: defined as Download = Guest User checkout possible
Product 2: defined as tangible/shippable = Registration affordable = Guest User checkout disabled

If a User wants check out with those two different kinds of products at once, then it would be possible to place a message while or when adding the product to the cart saying "Sorry you cannot checkout as (Guest) or (registered) user this way (depending on the product). You have choosen a Guest User product checkout at first. Please start all over again and choose another product first..."
Maybe not "very" convenient, but possible.
... something like that or maybe you have better ideas on how to implement those features...?

I am looking foreward to the new version of phocaCart - maybe with some of those suggestions.

For now thanks for your great products and your great support.
Best wishes also for holidays and a happy new year.
Chris
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

OK